Planning to buy a gun...

Manly Men Talking About Manly Things.
Pudfark

Re: Planning to buy a gun...

Post by Pudfark »

Hey Nic,

I can understand your thoughts/reasons on the laser...
I am pretty sure you will be amazed at how much hand
movement you will see, with the aid of the laser....

What will make it more interesting? Is to "dry fire" the weapon,
with the laser on "target" and see how much it moves then....

This should be of enough interest to you...and others....
That hopefully, you will have a friend take a suitable video
of it.....I would like to see that and the look on your face...afterwards...

If you should choose to acquire a 1911 type pistol, I would be
delighted to be of further assistance. The Kimber, has the best,
internal "safety/firing pin block system" of them all....that particular safety
system is actuated by the grip safety and not the trigger as in the "Colt" model.

Good Luck..
nicolas10

Post by nicolas10 »

Well I need to do at least 6 months regularly in a shooting club, then get favourable review by a doc and the president of the shooting club, then make a demand to local authorities to purchase a class 1 or 4 gun.

I'll let you guys know how it goes, but it will take a while.

Nic
Wullie

Post by Wullie »

nicolas10 wrote:Well I need to do at least 6 months regularly in a shooting club, then get favourable review by a doc and the president of the shooting club, then make a demand to local authorities to purchase a class 1 or 4 gun.

I'll let you guys know how it goes, but it will take a while.

Nic
That stinks.

I have an acquaintance from your country that hunts. He tells me that you can not own a rifle in France that uses a military cartridge. His rifle is a double rifle chambered for the 8X57R ( rimmed ) cartridge. Doubles work better with rimmed cases anyway. The 8X57 Mauser hasn't been used by any country that I know of in a lot of years.

Does that rule not apply to handguns?

As Pud said on the laser. Looking cool is one thing. I've tried them on a couple of autos and they aren't worth the trouble or the expense.

Once you have the blessing of those in control and acquire the pistol of your choice, do you get to keep it in your possession or have to leave it at the gun club?
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

The laser isn't going to help you learn to shoot better. Even the steadiest of hands looks shaky with a laser attached to a handgun. If I were you I'd save the money on the laser and put it towards ammunition and instruction, which will serve you much better in the long run.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
nicolas10

Post by nicolas10 »

Wullie:

I doubt your aquaintance is up to date because I've seen a MR308 for sale here: http://www.armurerie-auxerre.com/catalo ... ocjm3u9ke7 and it's classified as a class 1 weapon, which you can legally own. To my understanding it fires any 7,62x51 rounds (.308).

When it comes to owning guns, you can keep it at home under two conditions:
- be able to prove that you own a safe at home to store your gun.
- do three qualification checks at a shooting club every year, with a minimum of 2 months in between.

Rugg:

I love the looks of those particular guns & they come with the laser. I don't particularly need it, but it'd cost me even more to custom build another model to look like those ones. There's another I love, but it's a ultra model, and I don't really trust the accuracy of the 3 in barrel guns. I rather get a 4 in pro model, and I don't really like the looks of the other pro models. Customising it would cost me more I think and I'm not even sure I can purchase the parts here or even online from the US.

I'm probably going to get one of those too: http://www.kimberamerica.com/shop/produ ... 96&xSec=23

The way I see it I'll learn shooting with the sights using the laser only to check the moves of my hand to improve faster, as it will tell me what I do wrong when I press the trigger. I will also try to learn shooting with the laser only and see how it goes. I'll just keep an open mind about it, and not use the laser to replace skills with the regular sights.

Nic
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Nic,

Get a coin, approximately 15mm in diameter, balance/place it on top of the slide just behind the front site...take careful aim at the "simulated" target...gently squeeze/press the trigger
and if the coin remains in place on top of the slide....you are generally going about things in the correct manner....

I hate to "pee" on the laser thingy....it's just that they really have no suitable purpose on a handgun....with one exception....
They are a great conversation piece at cocktail parties.....oops, sorry about that... :oops: