fatman

Re: I'll start this one Tomorrow

Post by fatman »

I shall await with abated breath
Lewicide

Post by Lewicide »

100 Metres

Remington XCR .308 Win Tactical Fluted 26" barrel and action, stainless with Tri-nite coating.
Warne picatinny Rail and 30mm Mil-spec steel rings.
Accuracy International chassis framed phase 1.5 fully adjustable stock.
Falcon Menace counter sniper 30mm tube, saddle focus 10x42 scope with extended Mil-dot skeleton reticule.
Additional 10 rnd Mag
Acuracy International adapted QR Versapod.

Ammo is M852 analogue 168gn Sierra Matchking 41gn of AR2208 (IMR equiv.) LOA 71.88mm

starting barrel run in
Dawg

Post by Dawg »

Nice grouping .308!

My sniper rifle.
My 6BR custom Sako fully engraved, skeleton grip cap, flush mounts, custom ordered lupe 6.5x20, NO target knobs, and tapered CPC reticle and dot. My favorite centerfire to date. And yes, I've timed the screws, probably should take new pics...

75g Vmax @3725 at 200 Yards!

At 500 yards all 3 shot groups were under 3"
I've only put 30 rounds thru the barrel, still doing the break in shoot 3 clean, shoot 3 clean etc. Hence no 5 shot photos yet.
silly notes about grip, its light at under 9 pounds- I get serious fliers when I have a loose rear grip like on heavier bench guns, the fore arm is extremely thin.
Little recoil, accurate, light, pretty.

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: obama.
Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.
Lewicide

Post by Lewicide »

Very nice :)

6 Br is getting popular out here for the 500m Fly shoot along with 6.5/284.
Dawg

Post by Dawg »

I've had 3 6BR's, everyone extraordinarily accurate.
I'm 45 minutes from Camp Perry, they are very popular for 600 meter and even 1000 meter
I was using 6x284 for long range, but seems the 6.5 is eclipsing it for that. Too much BANG for me, lol
not sure why the 6.5x08 never took off for that
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: obama.
Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.
Soapy

Post by Soapy »

If I stuck a sausage, or even a cucumber in a pistol's barrell, then fired it, what would happen to a butterfly in Peru ?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Soapy wrote:If I stuck a sausage, or even a cucumber in a pistol's barrell, then fired it, what would happen to a butterfly in Peru ?

he would die laughing at the extremely small sausages or cucumbers you Scots have.
(either that, or you crazy bastids have some real hand cannons up there!)
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Not a bad looking bangstick there Lew got my eye peering over at the remington msr if she lands here for about 5 or under i think i will get one and if its meant to go up against the sako trg-42 so lets hope so

And hows this for a grouping you guys impressed :P :oops:

Open sighst at 50m with the 7615 could hardly see the thing behind the front sight