@Buzz

Manly Men Talking About Manly Things.
Barfly

Re: @Buzz

Post by Barfly »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0wlIyCQJuw

Nice range comparison between an original 1860 Colt 44 and an Uberti replica of the same.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Thanx Barfly...that was a good watch. :)
Also, at the end, some more good vid's.

The Uberti as a whole is not an exact replica...they changed a few minor things...I liked it and it shot well in the vid.

Thanks Barfly
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Parts are the same, and will interchange. Straight rifling is better, and .457 balls are harder to find.

You want to buy a Colt replica that's not even close. Buy a Pietta.
Barfly

Post by Barfly »

I'm thinking of the 1861 .36 Navy, as apparently it has great balance and relative lightness. Beautiful gun too.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Exactly, Barfly...that was gonna be second choice in the future...Gotta love the Colt Navy's....huge smile... Wild Bill... :D
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Buzz...my bad, I think ya missed what I meant. More explain later.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

1861 has the same small grip as the 1851. Fine if you've got girly hands.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Pudfark wrote:Buzz...my bad, I think ya missed what I meant. More explain later.

I don't think they really did. That video compared to one original 1860. Colt was well known for changing things. I would bet the original Colt that Uberti measured was just like the one he sells, or he changed it for the reasons I stated above. I don't think so after thinking about it. I bet the Uberti is exactly like the real gun, but you heave to find the real Colt to match. The differences are minor, and would never be noticed.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

No disrespect...but in the first couple of seconds, viewing both guns oriented on the same side...I saw three differences immediately. Then again I'm not the usual person. Look real close as in (you may need to stop the vid) and you'll see'm too.

I'm not at all bad mouth'n Uberti, it's a fine looking replica and seems to be well fitted.
If I can find one locally, I'll buy it. I'm very appreciative of your insight and experience and I sincerely Thank You for it.

Buzz, we often B.S. and banter elsewhere...here, I don't and you don't either.
That means a lot to me and others who trust your judgement and experience.
:)
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

What did you see different? I've never had a real one in my hand to compare.

Like I said though. We only have one Uberti, and maybe many slightly different real Colts. All Uberti can do is copy one of them.

I always made mine look like the originals in finish. I'd remove the bluing for a nice patina, and age the wood. I had so many guys ask me if it was an original. I came close to buying a pair of originals once, but i'm more of a shooter than a collector. They are pricey.