@Buzz

Manly Men Talking About Manly Things.
Pudfark

Re: @Buzz

Post by Pudfark »

The most glaring difference was the "pin" on the Uberti vs the "screw" on the Colt, look at the "loading ram" pivot point. It was the first thing different, I saw. Next would be the shape of the brass trigger guard. Followed by the "thickness" of the trigger itself.

Probably a few other very subtle differences...but, I'm not that critical... :lol:

Also, it wouldn't bother me, if Uberti took the liberty of replacing the original flat springs, with the more modern and durable coil springs, internally.

On the Colt 1873 "P" frames...the handsprings and trigger sear springs were pretty fragile. I've never disassembled an 1860 Colt, I'm just guessing, so...I think it's unlikely they have any coil springs internally. Though, if the copy did...great.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

No, they have the same flat springs, and they break just like the originals.

Not sure what you saw, but the pivot point on the loading lever is a screw. Trust me. I've taken 1860's apart hundreds of times when I was shooting CAS. A very simple gun to work on.

Trigger and guard? I'm not sure. As finicky as Uberti is with making authentic copies. I can't see them making then different. They make their guns by having the original guns, and making moulds of the parts.

As I already said. The real colt in the video may not represent all the Colts made.

Here's the bottom line Pud. The Uberti will be as close as you can get. If you want everything exact. You'll have to dig deep in your pockets, and buy a real one.

Here's one in average shape.

http://www.gunsinternational.com/COLT-M ... =100307314
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

That's like comparing a pig to Kate Upton... :shock:
The budget won't handle Kate.
So, ya gotta get a grip on the pig.

Uberti it is. :) and it ain't no "pig"...ain't Kate, either.

I really liked the vid you posted elsewhere.
It was spot on and a good find. :)

There really is a difference between the two pistols in the vid that Barfly posted.
You just gotta look pretty close. If the Uberti isn't pinned? Then one of them?
Got the screw on the wrong side. ;)
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

You call me stubborn. It's not pinned!!!!!!!!

Zoom in.

http://www.buffaloarms.com/Firearms_Buf ... x?CAT=3941
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Pudfark wrote: There really is a difference between the two pistols in the vid that Barfly posted.
You just gotta look pretty close. If the Uberti isn't pinned? Then one of them? Got the screw on the wrong side. ;)
Open the other eye Buzz. ;)
The real Colt shows a screw head.
The Uberti replica shows the end of a screw or a pin.
Both weapons laying on their left side. 8-)

Edit: Zoomed yer pic. I was right. ;) "one of them? Got the screw on the wrong side." Probably did that to avoid some perceived patent infringement? Though, after a hundred plus years? That don't seem likely.
Last edited by Pudfark on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I just showed to a picture showing the screw. I've owned 5 Uberti 1860's. It's a screw!

You're starting to piss me off. Why do you ask me anything if you don't believe me?
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Buzz....can you agree on this?
The screws...on the Colt and Uberti are not on the same side of the pistol.
Colt's is on the right side and Uberti's is on the left.

Go back to Barflys vid...wait a minute for it to show both pistols together, laying on their left sides...you'll see a screw head on the Colt and no screw head on the Uberti.
Which, is what lead me to believe, at first, the Uberti was pinned. Your photo that you posted shows the Uberti laying on its right side and clearly depicts a screw there, not a pin. So, since the Uberti is the "copy"...they put the screw on the wrong side. That's all I'm sayin. :)
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Look at the picture of the real Colt I posted. You'll see the screw on both sides. Don't trust your eyes.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Well Buzz, the Uberti don't have a screw on both sides. Look at the pic of the Uberti in the vid that Barfly posted. :)
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I don't care. The Uberti has a screw, and i'm betting it on the proper side.

However, your just plinking with the gun. Cut the shit!