@Buzz

Manly Men Talking About Manly Things.
Pudfark

Re: @Buzz

Post by Pudfark »

Buzz wrote:I don't care. The Uberti has a screw, and i'm betting it on the proper side.

However, your just plinking with the gun. Cut the shit!
Well, you said the Colt has two screws.
Now, you're say the Uberti has a screw.
I'm sayin', somewhere there's a missing screw and it's probably on the wrong side. :lol:

It's now close to 5pm here...I'm gonna start drinkin'...wish I could pour one up for you. I do believe a medicinal dab of corn squeezin's would do you no harm and it might help you locate that missing screw. ;)
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I never ever ever ever said it had two screws. Show me!
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Buzz wrote:I never ever ever ever said it had two screws. Show me!
Buzz wrote:Look at the picture of the real Colt I posted. You'll see the screw on both sides. Don't trust your eyes.
I took yer meaning as two screws as in a screw head on both sides, I done seen it that way before on other guns...So, OK Buzz, I misunderstood you. You wasn't exactly perfectly clear on it....just sayin and now, I'm understanding you.

Here's my meaning...The screw head on the Colt and Uberti are on opposite sides.
Which means, not the same side, which is what I been sayin' this entire time.

Going fer a refill and knowing, that if I could pour you one...we'd be on the same page.... ;)
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Well, you sort of got it, but not quite. I'm saying don't trust pictures or videos. I showed you a picture of the screw on both sides. Obviously that can't be true.

The Uberti screw inserts from the left side. I'll bet anything the real Colt does too. Why would Uberti be so exact is everythig, even the writing on the gun, and then put the screw in from the wrong side? Makes no sense. Especially, when you consider they copied the parts on hand of the real gun.

Go buy the gun, and be happy.

25-30 gr of Goex 3F, Swiss 3F, Pyrodex P, Triple 7 3F will all work good.

You can use a wad over ball, or lube/grease. I used mink oil. Same stuff I lube my patches with in my muzzleloaders.

You'll need a taller front sight to bring the POI down. Filing a deeper groove in the hammer is easier, and gives to a better sight picture. The one it comes with is pretty small. A little at a time. File shoot, file shoot etc.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Well, Buzz, I've got enough grasp on it now to go start hunting one of them Uberti's up.
I will go and buy it...and be happy :)

Do appreciate the load advice...any idea of the muzzle velocities?

Gotta sign off fer now...Thanks Mucho
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I might have had the velocities at one time, but I have no idea where I put them. It wasn't that important in CAS shooting, and for hunting I just filled up the chambers. :)
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Well? Did you buy one yet?
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

No, not yet...I'm on the hunt though...
Weather here is/has been bad.
As in icy...as it is at the moment...

I don't mind driving in those conditions...
I just mind everybody else driving in them...

also, it's a minimum 50 mile round trip....to town.

I'll probably have to go to Houston...that sucks, all within itself.
I'm, as you've noticed, pretty particular when I plunk my cash down on a gun.
Meaning...that when, I buy one, I want to see/examine everyone they have in stock.
I will only buy a revolver, if the action "pre-times" as in the cylinder hand lines the chamber up, long before the hammer is at full cock. That way, I'm not having to "re-time the damn thing two weeks later. You did the CAS and know what I mean...I bet you wore more than a few of the actions out, rapidly cocking them...I'll also bet, you broke yer fair share of sear and hand springs...not to mention bolts and cylinder notches...I've never been into abusive rapid cocking of a single action, you have, competitively. I'm sure parts availability was paramount to you...or, you traded guns
alot. Any how I'm on the hunt, weather permitting...and when I get one...I'll holler.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I buy mine online.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

I understand that can be done online.
Then ya gotta take whut you get...which as I stated above..ain't my cuppa tea.

Just curious, how many of them "lock work" parts you break or wear out?
And which ones? So, I can stock up on'em.