Mico etching

Manly Men Talking About Manly Things.
Yellow77

Mico etching

Post by Yellow77 »

For whatever reason; I wake up in the middle of the night, and ideas pop into my head. This night I was thinking about micro etching and guns. I admit my ignorance regarding firearms, but wondered if this would be feasible.

To help the police identify weapons in crimes I thought they could etch the gun serial number on the firing pin, and manufacturers codes on the back of the slugs. Then if a slug was pulled, or a casing found, they could put it under a microscope and locate the gun. Ammo would have to have a code assigned to it and logged in a database with its etched code, of course. It wouldn't take your rights away to own a gun, but if you are firing rounds in the air and they strike someone, they could find out that it was you. CPUs are down to 45 nm traces, so even etching with old technology of 90 nm would be easier. The bullets could have the code repeated hundreds of times with the micro etching and even fragments could have enough to trace. Is this possible given the current weapon technology?
Soapy

Re: Mico etching

Post by Soapy »

Good idea :)

Also weapons that can only be fired if the hand/thumbprint matched an allowed list ( some law enforcement agencies have already trialled this IIRC ) would be excellent.

Your idea would help with tracing, and the other would prevent the wrong type of people being able to use the weapon.

On further thought, micro etching is a brilliant idea on so many levels.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

Yeah, lets punish the millions of law abiding gun owners. The ones who have committed no crime. Hell, lets throw that annoying "innocent till proven guilty" stuff out as well.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
Soapy

Post by Soapy »

ruggbutt wrote:Yeah, lets punish the millions of law abiding gun owners. The ones who have committed no crime. Hell, lets throw that annoying "innocent till proven guilty" stuff out as well.

Are you mental or something ? Micro etching and fingerprint/handprint locks on weapons punish no one apart from those who shouldn't have the weapons or ammo in the first place :lol:
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

Etching each round would be a huge cost and unfairly punish lawful gun owners. I don't expect you to understand Americans and how they feel about any kind of regulation on firearms.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Yellow77

Post by Yellow77 »

ruggbutt wrote:Etching each round would be a huge cost and unfairly punish lawful gun owners. I don't expect you to understand Americans and how they feel about any kind of regulation on firearms.
The cost would diminish over time. Again, you are not losing your firearms, only making traceability easier. Are you afraid if you go shoot a cat, someone could trace it back to your gun? Maybe don't commit crimes with your firearms then?
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

Yellow77 wrote:The cost would diminish over time.
Do you even own a gun? Cuz you're making ignorant statements. I was a Federal Firearms Dealer so I know a little about this kind of stuff. Not to mention the fact that it's illegal as hell to computerize serial numbers on firearms in many states, much less any ammo that might have serial numbers on it.
only making traceability easier.
It's already easy to trace a fired round or spent shell casing. Every firing pin on the planet has distinct characteristics much like your fingerprints. The impression left on the primer can be traced to a specific firearm. Same with the marks on shell casings the ejector and bolt face or slide face (as for pistols). Then there are the rifling impressions left on the round as well as being able to tell what kind of gunpowder was in the casing by checking it's chemical makeup. Then there's the paperwork involved with tracing every single serial number that you yokels think should be engraved on a casing/projectile. Yeah, that's absolutely free, won't cost a cent. There's no reason nor need for any of the things you or your communist friend have suggested except to further chip away at freedoms that Americans should be enjoying. My grandmother has 5 firearms in her home and none of them was ever used in a crime. There are 100+ million firearms that have never been used in a crime. The cost to keep records never diminishes. It's fairly simple to track and all it takes is man-hours. Last time I checked government employees got a raise every year...............
Are you afraid if you go shoot a cat, someone could trace it back to your gun?
It's legal to kill feral cats here. No collar=feral.
Maybe don't commit crimes with your firearms then?
No crime committed. And as usual you have no valid argument so bring up the cat shooting incident. I also poisoned a pit bull that gave me stress fractures on both of the bones in my right leg. I do not feel bad about my actions. Bad pet owners caused both incidents. I just made sure that there were no more incidents after that.

As an aside, I think it's funny that dumb fucks from the UK and Europe think they have sensible ideas about "gun control". Handgun crime is rising in the UK and handguns are all but outlawed there. In fact, per capita the UK is more violent than the U.S. is. Since I don't live there I wouldn't attempt to give a solution as to why the foreigners don't act right, but I'd bet that it has something to do with the fact that the Brits have shitty food and even shittier teeth. That and the fact that the muzzies are over running the country.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

if y'all ever wonder how all the guns get on the US black market, the following article from my local paper is illustrative. No amount of etching would address this, Soapy's rather expensive bio-ID would, I suppose:

Unsolved cases are featured regularly in the Sunday Reading Eagle.

Offense: Residential burglary.

Date and time: Between Dec. 4 and Dec. 14.

Victim/location: Wayne Reed residence on Troy Lane, Cumru Township.

Police synopsis: On Dec. 14, Reed called police after discovering that someone took three handguns and 12 other firearms (rifles and shotguns) from two bedrooms. Also taken was a set of knives from the kitchen. The burglar or burglars may have entered through an unlocked door since there were no signs of forced entry. Anyone with information should contact Cumru police or Crime Alert.

note the parts I edited into flaming red color. No mention of a gun case, locked cabinet, nada. Thanks to wingnuts running around fear-mongering, and a ridiculous interpretation of our Constitution to claim unlimited gun ownership with no personal responsibility, you get this sort of shit. Now, 15 firearms are loose in Berks county, probably available for sale at some local bar. I was once very friendly with some folks who made real coin off of this trade....ie: rip off idiot suburbanites, resell the weapons to the street. In my view, an owner such as this should be, if indeed there were no locks or other restraints on stealing the weapons, liable for ANY crime committed with them. Period.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

callmeslick wrote: No mention of a gun case, locked cabinet, nada. Thanks to wingnuts running around fear-mongering, and a ridiculous interpretation of our Constitution to claim unlimited gun ownership with no personal responsibility, you get this sort of shit.
And you (conveniently) don't comment about the thieves stealing the property. It's the homeowner's fault......................
In my view, an owner such as this should be, if indeed there were no locks or other restraints on stealing the weapons, liable for ANY crime committed with them. Period.
In that vein you should be responsible for any crimes made with your vehicle if it's been stolen. Your wife should be responsible if she's raped cuz she has female parts. You should be responsible for your child's actions for their full lives..........................

And that "ridiculous interpretation" happens to be an individual right spelled out in the Bill of Rights. Or are you towing the DNC party line that the Bill of Rights are individual rights except the Second one? I've seen what your party does when it nominates Supreme Court justices and how the DNC "interprets" that "ridiculous" document. Eminent Domain no longer exists in this country. NJ! You can kill all the fetusus you like but you can't allow those that you didn't kill who grow up to keep the homes they lawfully purchased.....................

And let's not forget the micro etching needed on those knives as well. An implement which is the number one implement to kill someone with in the UK.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Yellow77

Post by Yellow77 »

The knife is one of mankind's oldest tools. Unless you are The Great Throwzini; odds are you have to be at arms length to a person to kill a person with a knife. That is fairly up-in-your-face as you can get. The British are just insane with their knife laws, but we are getting pretty close. Tactical Knives magazine had an article about the TSA trying to classify ANY knife that can be opened with one hand as a switch-blade, and banning them. This isn't just knives that are automatics, or assisted-opening, but any knife with a thumb stud, indentation, hole, etc. The one-handed opening knife is one of the greatest innovations in folding knives, and has probably saved many lives. My Benchmade Griptillian, and Gerber Fast-Draw would be illegal under that rule. Pretty scary. A club, or bat, is a more efficient weapon anyway. Most anything can be turned into a weapon, as proved by the Millwall Brick.

On the other hand, the gun is the great equalizer. An 8 year old girl can kill a 300 pound man, with almost no skill required, using a gun. Point, shoot, dead.