Any recommendations?

Manly Men Talking About Manly Things.
Ub6

Any recommendations?

Post by Ub6 »

I have this currently in my possession and am deciding if I am going to buy it or not. I do not know much about this little toy and was wondering if any of you have experience with one.

Edited to add that the guy is asking $1600.00 CDN for it.
fatman

Re: Any recommendations?

Post by fatman »

16 does seem a bit steep not sure how much more you guys pay then the states, but wait for the tories to kill the longarm registry then just bring one over the border 8-)
Ub6

Post by Ub6 »

Well thanks for the assist fatman, it appears that other than the occasional bit of knowledge from Dawg, nobody has any clue.

Thanks for the help... not. :roll:
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

It's a 16" Heavy Barrelled AR (HBAR). 5.56 (.223) gas operated magazine loaded semi-automatic rifle. Collapsible stock and prolly a 1:7 twist on the rifling (at least my HBAR is). It might be a 1:9 twist as well, maybe you can look that up by serial number. I have a full size (20") as well as a 14" (with extended flash suppressor). The shorty was a great rifle. Stock trigger pull on them are a bit heavy with some creep but nothing you would have a problem with. If you buy it make sure you get the correct chamber cleaning brush and do a bit of looking online (or ask here) on how to clean it. There are lots of nooks and crannies to clean on these rifles. If you know how to pull the bolt carrier out check it and see if it's parkerized (blackish) or if it's chromed. The good news is that the pin that connects the upper and lower together is the small diameter one, so you'll be able to throw on another mil-spec upper if you like. It looks like the 20 round mag is pinned to hold a lower capacity. On some of them you can remove the spacer and have a full capacity mag, although I understand that's illegal in Kanuckistan.

What else do you wanna know? Mine was accurate as hell, I put a reflex Trijicon sight on it.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
Ub6

Post by Ub6 »

Thank you Rugg.. that is exactly what I was hoping to see.

It is a 1:9 twist (thanks for the serial number look up idea.. I never knew that was possible for specs)

The carrier is chrome.

Yes the mag is pinned.

It has only been fired a total of 6 times and it has all the proper cleaning brushes etc included with the sale.
I will however need instructions on how to clean it completely if I do buy it.

Reflex sight... interesting touch.. may have to consider that and try to adjust price accordingly. lol

Am taking it to the range later today to fire a few off and see how I like it.

Thanks again.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

The great news with the 1:9 twist is that you can fire 55 up to 70 grain rounds. Pretty much anything you can buy. I fired some Factory Remington FMJ 55 grainers out of my 1:7 and the jackets were separating. Granted, that's an issue with those rounds but I didn't see that in my 1:9 twist rifle. I used 69 gr. Sierra jacketed boat tails (handloads) when I shot SOF in '95. Accurate as hell. With the shorter barrel length you'll find the iron sights don't zero like the full size (20") rifles do, but we're talking a couple MOA. As for the reflex sight, check out this page. I chose the mount that screws into the carrying handle (RX10) but mounts the reflex sight in front of the handle. You can use your iron sights or the reflex in that manner. If that rifle was a flat-top I'd recommend the mount for a standard scoping option.

I can walk ya thru the care and maintenance of that beast should you buy it. Carburetor cleaner is your friend. :)
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum