World's 50 best foods.

No Politics.
FarSide

Re: World's 50 best foods.

Post by FarSide »

bogus list. wheres the steak? how da fuk did germany get the big mac?
ginger_cat

Post by ginger_cat »

Reservoir_Dog wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:07 pm UK makes the list with Fish & Chips. (hold on while I act shocked)
Canada makes the list with Poutine & Maple Syrup. (was there ever any doubt)
Australia makes the list with Chicken Parmesan. (Australia has chickens?)
Italy makes the list with Lasagna & Pizza. (again, hold on while I act shocked)
USA makes the list with Popcorn, Donuts & Ketchup. (stay classy, America)
Hong Kong makes the list with French Toast. (I don't know about you, but when I think Hong Kong ... I think French Toast. :? )

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/worl ... index.html
Chicken Tikka Masala is often regarded to be the UK national dish nowadays instead of fish and chips - personally I like a lamb or prawn bhuna :D
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

ginger_cat wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:27 pm
Reservoir_Dog wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:07 pm UK makes the list with Fish & Chips. (hold on while I act shocked)
Canada makes the list with Poutine & Maple Syrup. (was there ever any doubt)
Australia makes the list with Chicken Parmesan. (Australia has chickens?)
Italy makes the list with Lasagna & Pizza. (again, hold on while I act shocked)
USA makes the list with Popcorn, Donuts & Ketchup. (stay classy, America)
Hong Kong makes the list with French Toast. (I don't know about you, but when I think Hong Kong ... I think French Toast. :? )

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/worl ... index.html
Chicken Tikka Masala is often regarded to be the UK national dish nowadays instead of fish and chips - personally I like a lamb or prawn bhuna :D
This does not surprise me. Brit food is so bland just about anything would be an upgrade.
ginger_cat

Post by ginger_cat »

British food's not all bad but a lot of the good stuff has been ruined by bad cooks - and the reputation has suffered accordingly. My home county (Lincolnshire) is known for its sausages made with sage and pepper. Not so well known for its Stuffed Chine which is a favourite of mine and not bland. Today I had some roasted portobello mushrooms in Cropwell Bishop sauce (made with blue Stilton cheese) - very tasty and made with an English cheese but not a typical or renowned British recipe. There's a lot of food that isn't highly spiced or seasoned but still full of flavour when cooked properly with the right accompaniments and sauce/gravy - liver and bacon in onion gravy is a favourite of mine, belly pork with black pudding is good too.