The Sad Lessons of Duck Dynasty

No Politics.
callmeslick

The Sad Lessons of Duck Dynasty

Post by callmeslick »

.....first off, I love this show, and have since season one when a friend of mine from Missisippi told me of it. Wholesome, funny, outdoorsy, and nothing negative about it. Yeah, you could tell the Robertsons were setting up the scenarios, yes, you could tell they were devout Christians. Still, no one beat you with religion over the head, the stuff was fresh and funny. Then, they started to appear EVERYWHERE. In marketing/public relations, this is called overexposure, and they got overexposed BADLY. Now, I figure it never concerned them, as they overexposed themselves to tens of millions of dollars. The same friend who touted me to the show, and is in public relations himself, for a living, agreed with me that they had started down a dangerous path. And then, they paid the price: Phil becomes an interview magnet, and eventually spouts the same Fundamentalist bullshit about gay people being sinners just like murderers and ADIOS! Phil's gone from the show, about 2 million people are threatening to boycott A and E sponsors(in 48 hours, that number will easily quadruple), and a perfectly good, simple TV show is fecked from here on in. Too bad, but they overdid it and with fame comes a life under the microscope.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Re: The Sad Lessons of Duck Dynasty

Post by Pudfark »

Beck has offered to "air" it.....on the Blaze... :lol:

A&E just gnawed their own nuts off.
I'm GLADD..... ;)

I like Phil's fundamentalist bullshit a lot better than yours...his is faith based and yours is the by product of a bad chili dog... :)
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Trust me, it's a no-win either way for A and E........lots of gay viewers for a lot of other shows, with huge financial clout(likely more than the DD fan base).
It's just a shame.....and I suspect Willie is savvy enough not to take up Beck's offer, he seems to have far more class than that.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Have ya looked at all the support sites for Duck Dynasty today?

I've yet to "come across" a fag support site against Duck Dynasty...with the same number of likes or comments....

A&E is the dumb ass loser here...they split their audience/income.
Phil and family can carry their business....anywhere they want to.
It's not like......they need the money....and they proved, they ain't fer sale.
Just sayin'
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Pudfark wrote:Have ya looked at all the support sites for Duck Dynasty today?

I've yet to "come across" a fag support site against Duck Dynasty...with the same number of likes or comments....

Just sayin'
Welcome to HappyHappy's world, Pud.
Enjoy your stay. :roll:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Pudfark wrote:Have ya looked at all the support sites for Duck Dynasty today?
yup.

Just sayin'
Phil and the family willingly exposed themselves to public scrutiny for the almighty buck(there IS a Christian moral lesson there, as well). As for 'fag support' sites on FB or others.....I can't say I looked for them, but I did read that the boycott petition has 2 million signers as of today alone, and on DD's best week,
they drew 10 million viewers. If some of those viewers, like myself, are not exactly sympathetic to Phil's definition of 'Christian', A and E likely made the best call possible. Now, that said, after signing that show for a 5 year extension(a HUGE mistake, and like I say, I'm a fan....enough is enough) and putting so much stock into the one franchise, A and E is sort of screwed no matter WHICH way they go.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

'they aren't for sale' MY ASS. They've sold their very family soul for money.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

I see how closed minded you are... :roll:

Did it ever dawn on ya?
TV has a bigger podium than the church down at the "holler".....
Phil was able to reach millions and they are responding now...and will be in the future....

Ya oughta take a trip over to the GLADD site....it's a giggle.
I was just there.... just a bunch of anonymous activists....as in they don't post their faces.

I have gay friends...they don't like "flamin fags" anymore than I do....BTW, that's what GLADD is. ;)

It should be interesting when the DD fans decide to boycott, not only the channel, but the advertisers as well.

The Robertson family is the big winner here....folk's are gonna buy twice as much of their shit as they did before...watch. :)
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Pudfark wrote:I have gay friends...they don't like "flamin fags" anymore than I do.
Fags hating on fags.

Only in Tex-ass. :lol:
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

"President Barack Obama said the Duck Dynasty family seems like a "pretty fun bunch" in an interview for People magazine that hits newsstands Friday."

Obama, who has been referred to as the "first gay president" by figures like Andrew Sullivan and MSNBC's Thomas Roberts for his embrace of gay marriage, was responding to a question about whether he would rather spend a day with the Duck Dynasty family or Kanye West and Kim Kardashian.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/ ... -Fun-Bunch

:lol:

Old Pudfark sez: " you boy's is out of touch....with yer boy. :lol: "