Merry Christmas to All

No Politics.
callmeslick

Merry Christmas to All

Post by callmeslick »

Non-politicized, CUDA!
I just want to wish all here a Merry Christmas. 'Slick is about to disappear into the kitchen for the next 5 hours preparing the Christmas Eve family dinner.
Then, it's on to 24 hours of toy assembly, fitful rest and the onslaught of the grandchildren. At least, I plan to prepare so much food that we won't have to do much past heating up leftovers for a couple days. My plan this morning is to:
Cook 1 lb of shrimp for cocktail shrimp(chilled)
Cook 1 lb of shrimp as spiced shrimp(served warmed up)
Prepare and cook a corn pudding and green bean cassarole
Prepare and cook 11 lbs of standing rib roasts
Bake 10 potatoes
Sautee mushrooms
Bake dinner rolls
Reheat the giant three-cheese manicotti the wife made.
Eat and Collapse for a few hours, before I have to assemble a bunch of toys and stuff.

Enjoy the Holiday, remember the Peace on Earth, Good Will to all Men part, and treasure your families!! Merry Christmas.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
fatman

Re: Merry Christmas to All

Post by fatman »

My christmas eve dinner was had a mixed double kebab no onion 8-) and its now 230am looks like the jolly fatman has been theres stuff under the tree woop woop anyway have a good one lads ill be the drunk one quietly sitting in the corner i have 3 bottles of jack this time hopefully ill be awake in time to head the the G for the boxing day test i feel the poms heading to 4-0 in the series this week :lol:
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

We're gonna "grill" 5 two inch thick....porter house steaks.
Sweet potatoes
Blacken'd Green beans
Yeast rolls
Key lime pie...my favorite. 8-)

Then for entertainment....sit around and watch Fox News.... :lol:
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Merry Christmas, you pack of fecking retards! :D
Kira1985

Post by Kira1985 »

I'm eating ice cream for dinner, because it's so damn freaking hot. :|
HappyHappy

Post by HappyHappy »

callmeslick wrote:Enjoy the Holiday, remember the Peace on Earth, Good Will to all Communists part, and treasure your families!! Merry Christmas.

Fixed :D

HH
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

always one....... :roll:

the predictablity is so, well, predictable. :lol:
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

the wife, bless her heart, made a massive 3 layer baked manicotti with 3 cheeses, for us all on Christmas day. I mean, I am happy she cooks Italian stuff so well, but what was amazing was that she did so after a 5 hour onslaught of grandchildren, toys, further assembly, Bloody Mary's, and ongoing chaos. Hmmm, as I type this I realize that she might have had the best of it, in the kitchen for an hour! At any rate, been eating that and leftovers from the Eve dinner, and the dog and I are ready to hide away in the back bedroom, and watch a week or so of football. I have a stash of nuts and cookies already positioned. I hope the day went well for all! Didn't get any high-tech gaming gifts(Res's new toy looks nice), but a new fishing vest(likely a hint that the 25 year old one in current use is pungant enough to walk off on it's own), and a new Gore-Tex rain jacket(all who fish with me know I can bring bad weather with me), and the certificates to buy a bunch of new music for the collection. Very cool. Grandson(4) got the coolest thing....I would've killed for this as a kid. It's this little flexible, endlessly(and easily enough for a little kid to do)reconfiguable, race track. It's fluorescent, and is a 12 foot length, but Santa(my daughter) got another 8 feet of expansion track, along with a bridge, ramps a switch lane and a little tunnel. The little cars are your standard battery driven little cars, but they have bright led lights front and rear. They have a ton of torque, so they'll scale up and downhill, and corner well. In the dark, the lights cause the track to glow in the dark. It's a cool as all get out. With the other two, Pop-Pop has been assembling princess stuff, playing with an assortment of stuffed animals and dolls, watching plastic horses clip-clop down the same set of plastic ramps for an hour, and the like. All good. Now, I think I'll make a nice Bloody and kick back.