Anyone remembers this?

No Politics.
nicolas10

Anyone remembers this?

Post by nicolas10 »

Pudfark

Re: Anyone remembers this?

Post by Pudfark »

I remember (I think) hearing about it....never saw it and never played it....
fatman

Post by fatman »

Dont remeber that but the old Amiga 500 i played the hell out of wings still have fond memories of it
nicolas10

Post by nicolas10 »

With the Atari 520ST you could watch to the sides and on the back (1st sim to do so), but you still that the cockpit in the view. Only with 1040ST you got to see the wings & the rear view mirror. Cost me a fortune at the time just to see my wings.

Damnit this game rocked. It came with the full assortment of maps, carboard disks to get radio callsign codes & stuff that I carried on my knees while playing. I even flew it with a leather jacket & a scarf at times :oops:

I set up quick fights with 12 top ace enemies and down them one by one.
And I could get 5 hits on ships with my Stuka while carrying only 4 bombs (only I had to swim back to base).

Nic
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

No intentional thread drift here....so pardon me pls.

My first combat flight sim was F-15 Strike Eagle and I believe it was the first that I flew with a 2 axis joystick...I was on an IBM 8088 computer with dual 5 1/2 inch floppy drives and a 20 meg hard drive that I added....got tired of booting off the floppies. Then I spent $400.00 for a Color RGB moniter so I could play in "color".... I had a ball with it. If memory serves me correctly? This was in 1985.

Never owned an Amiga....had a buddy who had a Rat Shack...Radio Shack... "TRS-80", I think that's what it was....with a very simple, extremely.....sorta IFR simulator that we fooled around with in the very early 80's. It sucked as you could not see to land...as in no depth perception. You flew it by the "numbers".

Any how...back to yer Amiga discussion...TY
nicolas10

Post by nicolas10 »

My first sim was F15 strike eagle on atari ST.

The missiles never worked.

Nic
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

When I think (shudder)....about how much money I've spent over the last thirty years on computers and software?
I could be driving a "paid for" Dodge Viper...with twin turbo's... :?

My..old time...always favorite...was...Chuck Yeagers Air Combat....I was an addict...then after the MS Combat Flight series...IL2, which has been a tough act to follow for the last 10+ years.....

In regard to consoles..or that ilk...I've owned an old Atari and the first gen Nintendo...and that's it. All of which were for my kids, when they were little...nothing since.

Not trying to hijack this....so, I'll shut up and just read the thread... :)
fatman

Post by fatman »

Lets not forget Apache Longbow that rocked as well as a look down game damm why cant gaming go back to how it was all the games worked fresh out of the box plenty to choose from now we get buggy betas released with bugger all variety
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

fatman wrote:Lets not forget Apache Longbow that rocked as well as a look down game damm why cant gaming go back to how it was all the games worked fresh out of the box plenty to choose from now we get buggy betas released with bugger all variety
Not meaning to be a "butthole" here.... It seems that...along with more complexity, comes fewer choices.
U.S. history over the last five years, proves it in every facet. So, yeah fats, I agree with ya on yer statement.

EDIT: Wouldn't ya know..just wrote the above and then found this...an example of 'Flight Complexity'
Check out the link, it's a B-36 cockpit and ya can "mouse" around in it....
http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/media/ ... ineer.html
Juha

Post by Juha »

I even bought that 8-)

And after realising that the turning rate of a crate depends only on the amount of mouse movement... the best plane was the one with most ammo on-board: Me110! With Spit, I could only shoot down about 12-14 Messers (Hurricane had a bit more ammo, 13-15 kills/sortie) but with the Zerstörer much, much more. Turn on a dime with aggressive mouse handling and rule the skies! :mrgreen:

No german plane has ever performed such manouvers as the ones in Their Finest Hour!
All I ever wanted, was my own way