Sucks to be you, Slick!

No Politics.
Pudfark

Re: Sucks to be you, Slick!

Post by Pudfark »

:lol: Beaumont To El Paso.... :lol: :lol: all day and half the night.. ya ain't never been nowhere....until ya done that. 8-)
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Slick, there has been a change of plans. [hopefully for the last time :lol: ]

We've decided not to leave for Landover from your place on Sunday morning. There's a bunch of things we'd like to do prior to the game. We want to tour the stadium, check out the tail gaters, visit the gift shops, check out the Redskins Hall of Fame, and visit one or two "refreshment" centers. 8-)
The drive from your place could be 5 hours with heavy traffic and it's a 1:00 game. Even if we left your place at 6:00 am we'd only be left with a couple hours before game time.
So we've decided we want to wake up Sunday morning in our hotel room. Our hotel is directly across the street from FedEx and we will literally be able to walk to the stadium. This will give us all morning to do all the pre-game touristy stuff we want to do.

Thus, we're going to take our entire pre Sunday schedule and move it back one day. Instead of arriving in your neck of the woods on Thursday we will arrive on Wednesday and leave for Landover on Saturday.

Does this work for you?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

not to short you, but can you come down Thurs with a Saturday departure(Weds is nasty for me to leave Del until around 5 pm)? As it was, I thought you all were going to be down Friday and Sat, leaving Sun, so suggesting pushing back one day from my original thinking.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote:not to short you, but can you come down Thurs with a Saturday departure(Weds is nasty for me to leave Del until around 5 pm)? As it was, I thought you all were going to be down Friday and Sat, leaving Sun, so suggesting pushing back one day from my original thinking.
Yes. We could definitely show up on Thursday and leave on Sat.
Should we show up late afternoon on Thursday? Would that work better for you?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

any time, pretty much. I'll arrive at the house on Weds evening. Will just sit around and drink coffee if you're coming early.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote:Will just sit around and drink coffee if you're coming early.
In that case we'll show up late. :lol: :lol: :lol:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

then, I'll either go fishing or move to beer. Or both.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

What do you know about Narragansett Lager?
Is it any good?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Reservoir_Dog wrote:What do you know about Narragansett Lager?
Is it any good?
never tried it. Gansett Beer sucked when I lived in New England. I'll introduce you two to Yeungling Lager, if you haven't tried it. We also have a good sized craft brewer(Dogfish Head) downstate Delaware whose products are available. Or, we could really do the beer of choice for crab fests, National Bohemian, a watery concoction best served really cold. Their Ice Beer variation is good in a kick ass way when you can find it.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Facing the reality of having to drink sucky American beer for a week I've been scouring the beer review sites.
Narragansett is generally in the top 5 on the vast majority of sites I've been to. I'm a lager kind of guy and I hate heavy beers. I need to find something to buy while I'm down in the the land of sucky beer.