Slick's been busy this winter.

No Politics.
callmeslick

Slick's been busy this winter.

Post by callmeslick »

.....stocking a friend's fly shop with specials
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Slick's been busy this winter.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

The OCD in me finds this image particularly disturbing. Why the fuck didn't you start in the top left corner?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

I just tie them, the shop owner sorts them into boxes. He just gets 1, 2 or 3 dozen in a tub, and a shipping box full of such condiment tubs.
Not sure my man Bruce has your OCD. He just wants folks to wander to the back of the shop where the expensive shit is, and maybe buy some of these flies(he gets $1.25 more for mine than the standard $1.75 per for run-of-the mill stuff). The real payoff comes when someone gets distracted by a $400 reel, pair of waders, $700 rod, etc.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Propwash

Post by Propwash »

that is actually pretty cool.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

thanks. No one should ever try and do this as a sole income. I calculated at my wife's request, what I would make in a 50 hour workweek tying flies. It came to like $11 per hour, and I am sort of well known and get top dollar. This entire project was a matter of trying to take a friend's struggling shop start up to a more stable level. One, he's a friend of 30 years. Second, his shop is on the road to where I like to go trout fishing, so a shop NEEDS to be there. I'm not done yet. He's gotten 74 dozen flies so far from me, and another 36 are in process. I take the ones that don't pass my inspection for me and my buddies. They still work, even if a wing is crooked or the tail is too sparse.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Looks like a nice afternoon arvos work Slick
FarSide

Post by FarSide »

now i've got "take me to the river" stuck in my head! :evil: