observing my fellow man, VA report

No Politics.
callmeslick

observing my fellow man, VA report

Post by callmeslick »

ok, so I'm down at my house in Eastern Virginia, and after a day of Mrs Slick and I installing new furniture in the living room, a few other chores, I head out to the Royal Farms store. This is a convenience store, like most, but famous for Fried Chicken. Won an award for Fast Food Chicken from Food and Wine magazine,even. Waiting for them to get my order ready, I notice that some of the locals use the parking lot for wi fi access, and just sit in vehicles, watching videos and stuff on the web. That was when I noticed the two local ladies watching videos on a phone.
Now, mind you, I'm a pretty empathetic soul. I understand and feel for folks who, for reasons of metabolism or such, a doomed to morbid obesity. And, make no mistake, these two were approaching that. How they both got into the front seats of the car eludes me. What was astounding was that they also found room for not one, but two, open bags, one of cheese curls the other of barbeque potato chips, in there too. Along with large fountain drinks, one might imagine why the weight was a bit much. That was why the open, half-empty box of Krispy Kreme Chocolate glazed donuts sitting on the dashboard seemed to punctuate the scene so perfectly....... :o
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: observing my fellow man, VA report

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

The deep psychological reasoning for that sort of behavior is well established.
Unfortunately, it seems to be most predominate in the United States.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Big corps pumping us full of cheap sugary products from the get go unless one takes a concerted effort its hard not to tow the party line now i have gone and bulked up a bit over the last few years and a bit an understatement its changing now but damm its hard excuses come and go. And wtf is this free wifi i just moved into a new place and tomorrow will be day 15 of no internet at home waiting for a new connection :evil:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

hell, in VA, you get free wi-fi at the fried chicken store. You uncivilzed Aussies!! :lol:
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.