Sen. Ted Kennedy

callmeslick

Re: Sen. Ted Kennedy

Post by callmeslick »

ruggbutt wrote:I love how John and Bobby had issues with the mafia when his dad was bootlegging during prohibition.
the subject matter is Teddy. Try and keep up. And, while you're at it, work on mixing singular and plural in the same sentence. n00b. :P
The rise of "organized crime" was a direct result of bootlegging.
Actually, bootleggers were more or less independant operators. The mobs got a cut for protection, and another cut for working the docks and trucks, but pretty much let the smugglers settle shit amongst themselves. The rise of organized crime was due to the fact that they brought an intact organization and game plan over here, and found a great economic system to exploit.
It's a shame Ted was the last of his generation of Kennedys alive. The only solace I have is that brain tumors allegedly are very painful. Roast in hell, Ted. Douche.
"judge not, lest.......etc"
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

I can't wait to see how you defend the Mary Jo Kopechne incident.........................
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

ruggbutt wrote:I can't wait to see how you defend the Mary Jo Kopechne incident.........................

as stated to another, there is absolutely no defense. He should have done time, and benefitted from
the privilege to which he became accustomed. Ted Kennedy had a very complex life, and was far from perfect. He did accomplish much of value, and apparently touched the lives of many in a positive fashion.
For instance, he apparently called, personally, every family in Mass. who lost a son or daughter in Iraq Wars I and II,and Afghanistan. Did your Senators do that? I know mine didn't. The Chappaquidick incident was a disgrace, and, were I a member of the Kopechne family, I would have wished him dead, sooner. Ted's conduct, well into the 1990's, of his personal life, was at a level I would find repugnant. Still, I find it hard to judge a man, any man, with a simple dismissal, especially one with such a complex and long life.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

callmeslick wrote:
ruggbutt wrote: For instance, he apparently called, personally, every family in Mass. who lost a son or daughter in Iraq Wars I and II,and Afghanistan. Did your Senators do that?
I'm not sure. However, they didn't drown a secretary either.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

ruggbutt wrote:
callmeslick wrote:
ruggbutt wrote: For instance, he apparently called, personally, every family in Mass. who lost a son or daughter in Iraq Wars I and II,and Afghanistan. Did your Senators do that?
I'm not sure. However, they didn't drown a secretary either.

that you know of.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

callmeslick wrote: that you know of.
Yep, that's how the libs do it. Ignore the facts and allege impropriety on someone else. Kudos.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Rugg, you should be able to read and comprehend what I wrote. What's the problem?
Need new glasses? You know, the part where I wrote that Kennedy's personal conduct,
well into the 90's, I find repugnant? The hell with 'ignoring the facts', you just demonstrated
a willingness to fabricate them. I wrote the 'as far as you know' line for a reason: there have
been few, if any, public officials more scrutinized(largely due to their own behavior, mind you)
than the Kennedys. So, while we all should know of many incidents that Teddy was involved
in, the actions of many others fly under the radar.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

callmeslick wrote:the part where I wrote that Kennedy's personal conduct,
well into the 90's, I find repugnant?
I was with you up until you said you weren't sure some of the other congressmen drowned someone. That's called bait and switch.
The hell with 'ignoring the facts', you just demonstrated
a willingness to fabricate them.
I fabricated what? Mary Jo?
So, while we all should know of many incidents that Teddy was involved
in, the actions of many others fly under the radar.
Not in this day and age. Regardless of whether Ted made some calls to dead soldiers parents or didn't kill anyone in the 80's and beyond he's still a douche of great magnitude. I guarantee you that had he drowned that girl in this day and age he'd have been fuxored. But that's the problem with libs. They buy into all that "name brand" type of attitude that people tend to have. After all, he can't be bad if he's a Kennedy, right? That may fly if you're a sheeple but it doesn't fly with those of us that expect our leaders to act better than the rest of us. The fact that the people of Massachusetts continued to re-elect him shows me that the farther east you go the more stupid you become.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

hell, Ruggie, I also clearly stated that I NEVER understood the mentality of Kennedy Worship.
I has utterly nothing to do with liberals or Democrats. Look at the sheep that think Hannity or
Limbaugh speak the truth. Look at the BS that passes for the Reagan Legacy(just for starters,
he was never very religious). It happens all over. I just think that oversimplifying and then judging
anyone, anytime is dangerous business.
Yellow77

Post by Yellow77 »

callmeslick wrote:I has utterly nothing to do with liberals or Democrats.