Maybe Obama should sit down with the Swiss.

callmeslick

Re: Maybe Obama should sit down with the Swiss.

Post by callmeslick »

JoeA wrote:Just a point of order, there are important differences between the Canadian, Swiss, British and German health care systems. The Canadian is state-run with private options, the Swiss is private though mandatory (everyone has to buy private insurance - one can choose which company - and there is state regulation, albeit far less restrictive than in other European countires) and there are most of the other EU countires which are more "state run." The info is out there, if you're interested. However, it's up to US citizens to decide after all, their country their system.

good golly, Joe! There you go, being all sensible again. :)
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:
callmeslick wrote:Image
classic. you wanted the GOP plan, I provide you that info and you dismiss it because its a fox link. :lol:
that wasn't a PLAN. It was a motley collection of, at best, marginally related ideas. You see(and, this is sort of the key message Obama is trying to get across), unless we attack the whole mess with a complete plan, we are going to make things worse, more than likely. That is why Rugg's "go slowly" approach can't work.
First, unless healthcare insurance involves insuring everyone, at every age, the metrics will kill it. You can't just deal with coverage paid for by the most sickly. Second, unless you address all cost factors: reimbursement, lawsuits, fraud, waste, profiteering, etc, you won't make a dent in the overall problem. That what the GOP lacks, IMO....an overall plan. Why?? Because, at this point, healthcare reform has been ID'd as a Democratic Party idea, and they figure that true reform won't get them any political points. Therefore, they seemingly have chosen to just try to kill the thing. That worked well, politically, for Gingrich and his peers.
The problem is, it worked out pretty poorly for the rest of us. Hell, 10 years back, I covered my family for a total cost(my end, plus my employer's) of $4500. Now, a policy with less generous coverage(restrictions on network, some higher copays) costs a total of $13,000. That is nearly 200% increase in 10 years. We are not looking at a general inflation rate of 20% per year, so what gives?? Greed, is what the root cause is, and a stupid acceptance, in the US, that healthcare is a business. It is not, it's a necessity for the society. The Europeans get that idea. Many here never have.......so, we end up ranking behind EVERY OTHER developed nation in Europe and Asia in health outcomes, allow people to go bankrupt over healthcare, and hogtie our industries with outrageous overhead in a global economy. Little wonder that some folks like myself get a bit worked up when nitwits in this country try to turn a serious matter into a soapbox of idiocy(see: "Death Panels", for example).
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

callmeslick wrote:That is why Rugg's "go slowly" approach can't work.
Yeah, lets jump in headfirst without all the pertinent info. That's always a better choice...............
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

what pertinent info are we lacking, at this point?? Hell, you've got about 36 other nations doing better than us to use for modelling, 20 years or more of statistics, a couple major health systems(Mayo and Geisinger) that run at 30% below average cost. You cannot address the problem incrementally, and we've waited long enough(probably about 20 years too long).
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

callmeslick wrote:what pertinent info are we lacking, at this point?? Hell, you've got about 36 other nations doing better than us to use for modelling, 20 years or more of statistics, a couple major health systems(Mayo and Geisinger) that run at 30% below average cost. You cannot address the problem incrementally, and we've waited long enough(probably about 20 years too long).
And we have the fact that government always fecks up what it touches. Medicare. Social Security. You're getting older, are you willing to take a chance on worse medical care care Obama's plan affects you regardless of whether you pay your own health insurance or not...........
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

hmmm. Medicare. Runs at 3 or 4 times the cost-efficiency of private insurers. Social Security?? Ask most every retiree in this country if it works. BTW, the fix to any SS problems is REAL simple. Just adjust the takeout ceiling to account for inflation. Problem solved. Actually, government can run certain things really well. It's just that some folks who drank the Koolaid sold by a former Actor turned President can't see that.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

A blast from the past.....I laughed a lot. It'd be a hoot to bring up again.... :lol:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

was right then, still am. Thanks for reminding the Board. :D
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick wrote:was right then, still am. Thanks for reminding the Board. :D
nope....ya was 'left'.....behind. ;)
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Classic Jumo. He bitch smacked 'em pretty hard.