Maybe Obama should sit down with the Swiss.

JoeA

Re: Maybe Obama should sit down with the Swiss.

Post by JoeA »

Just a point of order, there are important differences between the Canadian, Swiss, British and German health care systems. The Canadian is state-run with private options, the Swiss is private though mandatory (everyone has to buy private insurance - one can choose which company - and there is state regulation, albeit far less restrictive than in other European countires) and there are most of the other EU countires which are more "state run." The info is out there, if you're interested. However, it's up to US citizens to decide after all, their country their system.
Jumoschwanz

Post by Jumoschwanz »

ruggbutt wrote:You'd prolly have some good points had not all of your other posts seethed with hate which unfortunately makes you sound less credible."

Huh? I did not use the word hate to describe anything, I said I feel sad in general and that I felt sorry for you, sounds like compassion to me.

"Then we get the "sounds like Rush" comments."

Actually, the buddies I fly with all listen to the corporate-mouthpiece/lunatic Glenn Beck.

"The problem is that when you socialize medicine the quality of the medicine goes down."

How can going from NO health care to ANY be going down in quality? LOL. If you took your head out of your ass and listened, in Obama's plan only 5% of the U.S. population would end up on government run insurance, sounds like a baby-step to me.

"Those that are movers and shakers don't get rewarded cuz the system that we get with socialization also allows the more sloth-like to continue to keep their jobs and to prosper."

You are wrong here too because your definition of "rewarded" includes money and advancement in a business hierarchy, which means that the people with careers in medicine will be there for money and status, not for the love of what they are doing, which is a major reason why our society is filled with graft, corruption and incompetents.

Medicine, or ANY field of endeavor, should be populated by those who love and are passionate about what they are doing for OTHER people, not themselves. When your system is used to run the world, the system based on money and status, then you get what you have now, which is de-evolution.

"If government fired those that didn't do their jobs and excel then maybe you'd see more right wingers joining in on the bandwagon. If you don't know what I mean go down to the county hospital next time you need treatment. Or go to the DMV to see just how many people don't give a shit. When there is no fear of losing your job then there's just no reason to excel any more. And the movers and shakers will find work in the private sector where it pays more."

More wrong thinkiing, do you hear yourself? You just said that in your ideal world everyone should have a job they are afraid of losing! What a great world you want for us all, where we live in fear, where fear is our reason for getting up in the morning and turning the wheels of society! The conservative talk show/mouthpieces use fear to control the small minds of their voters every day, with stupid propaganda like Palin's "death panels".

I would really like to see a world where something besides fear is the motivation behind keeping it working, I don't want to live in North Korea or Hitler's germany, really.

In my state every time I go to the DMV it has been efficient and pleasant for me, really. I just got my license renewed and I was in and out in ten minutes, I will see them again in three or four years, what an ordeal!

More wrong thinking on your part: People are all different. This amazing fact means that there will always be people that are slower physically and mentally than others, and with differing abilities than others. So what to do with those not as "good" as us? I guess you would have them all living less comfortable lives than those who are smarter or faster than them? Why don't you treat them or look at them as well as you look at your pet dog?
You see Rugg, if you happen to be smarter or stronger than your brother or neighbor, that does not mean that you use your gift to put yourself ahead of them at their expense, it means that you use your gifts to take care of yourself and all those less fortunate than you at the same time. See? If your dog is too dumb to type you do not beat it or shoot it, you type for it, feel sorry for it and help it to do what you can and it cannot. Your world view of "hooray for me fuck you if you cannot keep up", is the reason there are whole countries full of starving, dying and sick people, and the reason why there are starving, dying and sick people right here in your great, great United States of America.

"The fact is that Obama can't straighten Medicare out. How about baby steps? And I'm not just bagging on Obama. Bush, Clinton or Bush couldn't (or wouldn't) fix Medicare. Social Security as well. It's fecked up and you wanna turn healthcare over wholesale to the gubmint? Are you high? Wanna see how well the gubmint takes care of those in need? Drive by the welfare office some morning at 8 a.m. Drive by again at 10. You'll see lines out the door and people just pissed off cuz those offices are understaffed by a majority of people who don't give a shit. When it's your grandma or mother who needs the services of socialized medicine and you have longer wait lines than you see in emergency rooms today you'll be wishing we were back on the old system."

Again, this whole tirade is negated by the fact that only 5% of the population will be on government run healthcare, that ANY health care is better than NONE, and that no one's current health care will change at all under Obama's plan, once again, you must have been listening to corporate interests instead of Obama's speech. Get a transcript of it maybe and study it for a few weeks?

"Shit's fecked up, that's a fact. But Obama ain't smart enuf to fix it all in one fell swoop. No one can. It needs to be fixed in bits and pieces.
"

There you go, there is not one thing you said that is right, makes sense or cannot be shot right down by reality and the facts. I give you credit for actually spending time to type out a few paragraphs and try though, look at all poor Cuda' was capable of, can he wipe himself even?
CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Jumoschwanz wrote:There you go, there is not one thing you said that is right, makes sense or cannot be shot right down by reality and the facts. I give you credit for actually spending time to type out a few paragraphs and try though, look at all poor Cuda' was capable of, can he wipe himself even?
and yet you presented how many facts??? uhm that would be NONE. you gave not one fact, you just went on a name calling tirade :roll:
slick wrote:Just suffice it to say, Obama is doing an damned near
outstanding job,
well it would seem that you are in the minority in that opinion.
Polling data show that Mr. Obama's approval rating is dropping and is below where George W. Bush was in an analogous period in 2001. Rasmussen Reports data shows that Mr. Obama's net presidential approval rating -- which is calculated by subtracting the number who strongly disapprove from the number who strongly approve -- is just six, his lowest rating to date.

Overall, Rasmussen Reports shows a 56%-43% approval, with a third strongly disapproving of the president's performance. This is a substantial degree of polarization so early in the administration. Mr. Obama has lost virtually all of his Republican support and a good part of his Independent support, and the trend is decidedly negative.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123690358175013837.html
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."

Crusty

Post by Crusty »

Cuda, your missing the point of Jumo's post.................................basicly its all true
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

callmeslick wrote:I'm not going to try to enlighten you as to why we had
to spend nearly a trillion bucks to save the economy
The money was spent the wrong way. So what if AIG goes nose down. They've already misspent their bailout money along with most of the other recipients of the people getting large infusions. All of this shit started with Reagan and accelerated to the point of no return with Clinton. I love the attitude of the libs that "everyone should be able to own a home" regardless of whether they can afford it or not. Everyone should own a Ferrari as well. Too bad not everyone can afford that as well. Myself included. What you lefties conveniently forget is that when the rampant real estate fluctuations started it was a democrat controlled congress. Banking deregulation singlehandedly allowed the domino effect that we're seeing now in today's economy.

The left's attitude that everyone needs to be saved now has spread to the private sector. What should have been done is to allow the businesses that were poorly run to go under. Period. If you were going to give huge amounts of money to the private sector loan it to smaller banks and such that managed to keep their ducks in a row. Instead, the left continues to pump the money into a business model that is a failure. CEO's for companies like AIG are still getting huge "bonuses" in the millions and ultimately the taxpayer foots the bill. Gimme a feckin' break.

We need less government intervention, not more. The government has failed us over and over again and can't be trusted to do the right thing. And that statement applies to those in power from both parties. You and Jumo just don't seem to get it. Neither party gives a shit about you (or your families). The fact is our founding fathers were smarter than anyone we've seen in politics in the past 100 years and their model for this country was less government, not more. Only a retard would continue in the direction we're going when for the last century things are getting worse, not better.

What ultimately cracks me up is that you two don't get that when our economy was strong was because small businesses were the reason. Neither one of you are business owners. You get your paychecks from a business owner. Maybe you should STFU and listen to those of us who are smart enuf to run our own businesses. I'm thriving in construction in this shitty economy.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
Dawg

Post by Dawg »

callmeslick wrote:
Dawg wrote:Even the president gets heckled.
a fact that every American should find disgusting. Most do. Those that don't get it, will,
I suspect, find out over the next several election cycles. Obama is going to be nearly
a sure-fire second term President simply because his opposition is coming across as a
bunch of complete loons. Brainwashing kids, by urging them to stay in school? Death panels
for old people?? God gawd, dawg, you DO realize, don't you, that the vast number of our
citizens view these clowns as a total joke?

Slick your drivel is less than entertaining.
Unless by clowns you are referring to the communist, 9-11 truthers that make up Obamas cabinet
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: obama.
Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.
Crusty

Post by Crusty »

callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

ruggbutt wrote:What ultimately cracks me up is that you two don't get that when our economy was strong was because small businesses were the reason.
nonsense. Our economy was at it's best when we had much more stringent governmental oversight, and
a society that frowned on greed.
Neither one of you are business owners.
really? A couple of state revenue departments would disagree about one of us. But, yes, I do also get
a paycheck from a business, as well. Gee, maybe that means I get to see more than one, narrow, view of things.
Maybe you should STFU and listen to those of us who are smart enuf to run our own businesses. I'm thriving in construction in this shitty economy.
maybe you should stop whining about others and use that big brain of yours to actually learn how
economics and government work.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

priceless. Another right-wingnut claims that I'm a sheep and then trots out Faux News to support his claim.
If you think any of those proposals, outside of a comprehensive plan, would do anything except enrich a few
people and fuck most everyone else, you are clueless.
THE FACTS: Obama and congressional Democrats want to pay for their health care plans in part by reducing Medicare payments to providers by more than $500 billion over 10 years. The cuts would largely hit hospitals and Medicare Advantage, the part of the Medicare program operated through private insurance companies.
Although wasteful spending in Medicare is widely acknowledged, many experts believe some seniors almost certainly would see reduced benefits from the cuts. That's particularly true for the 25 percent of Medicare users covered through Medicare Advantage.
"many experts"? Apparently, few in healthcare. Just to get you up to speed, I've worked in the healthcare
field for around 30 years. Between Medicare reimbursement and insurance compensation of doctors, hospitals, labs and other providers, I'm surprised you couldn't fix that mess to the tune of nearly 35%. They pay by the procedure to providers, instead of by the outcome, which pretty much ensures over-testing, repeat hospitalization, poor preventive care, and basically invites fraud.
Supporters contend that providers could absorb the cuts by improving how they operate and wouldn't have to reduce benefits or pass along costs. But there's certainly no guarantee they wouldn't.
as I stated above......the guarantee would be in the form of some real enforcement teeth in the final bill.

so now he'll be spending even MORE and increasing the defecit by Billions or even Trillions more ON TOP of the record trillions he's already increased it. and his solution to this is what. we get is tax the rich more :roll: PAHLEEZE you can tax all of those people making over 200k a year 100% of their income and it will only effect the defecit amount by 10%, that leave the rest of those taxes to be a burden upon who???? uhm that would be you and me, and your children and thier children.
this is merely a clump of made-up, lameass scare tactics. In short, pure bullshit, so I won't dignify it by picking it apart or discussing it further. Try sticking to facts.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Post by CUDA »

callmeslick wrote:Image
classic. you wanted the GOP plan, I provide you that info and you dismiss it because its a fox link. :lol:
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."