Happy Thanksgiving

callmeslick

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by callmeslick »

...tomorrow, for all you Merrikens.

For the rest of you, enjoy the extra NFL games and envy our gluttony. ;)

slick, who's been prep-cooking all day, followed by the wife making pies. w00t!
The dog is already drooling himself into a frenzy. Thanksgiving is his favorite holiday.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
JoeA

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Post by JoeA »

Have a great Thanksgiving all of you in the USA!

Enjoy your turkey but if you want something different:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpU ... r_embedded

Traditional fixings for me thanks. :?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

There's always TurDuckHens as well......each to their own. I've been fortunate, I worked in restaurants back when I was in school, but since married, I've gotten out of the kitchen for the most part.(with help from restaurants, my wife has also, to some extent, but she makes wonderful Italian stuff a lot). Still, Thanksgiving is largely my gig. Todays menu, should I pull it off:

Appetizer--Shrimp Cocktail and Hot Spiced Shrimp
various crackers with Virginia Ham, Swiss and chedder cheeses

Main Meal--Turkey, slow roasted with a stuffing of bread,Chicoteague Oysters, walnuts and mushrooms and
more. Side dishes include another stuffing with cornbread,sausage and other goodies, corn pudding(Southern comfort food),the traditional green been cassarole, candied yams and mashed potatoes. Gravy, of course made from drippings and giblets. Cranberry sauce with whole berries(not my thing, but....).

Dessert--Apple pie a la mode and Pumpkin Custard(the wife's doing, thank goodness)
With a nice Luzianne cafe au lait.

now my main aim with this meal is to have so many left-overs that I can gorge through a tough weekend of football and beer consumption. With a 19 lb turney and only a half dozen guests, we're good!
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Wullie

Post by Wullie »

Sounds pretty ambitious and scrumptious.

I have the pleasure of driving 90 miles to my sister's place to view her NEW hacienda and put up with her bullshit and bad cooking. :lol:

The only time I hear from her is when she wants something. Had planned on taking my rifle and maybe shooting a pasture rat, but as it is currently 39°F and dropping and raining, I'll forgo that. It will be a lovely drive, especially coming home. :mrgreen:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Wullie wrote:Sounds pretty ambitious and scrumptious.
I have this meal down pretty pat, so it's mostly just tinkering around the edges. Been doing this for over a decade, once it became too much for my mom.....(she and my dad are both in their 90's, they've earned the right to simply eat and digest, with no further effort).
The only time I hear from her is when she wants something.
sounds somewhat like my son-in-law.....
Had planned on taking my rifle and maybe shooting a pasture rat, but as it is currently 39°F and dropping and raining, I'll forgo that. It will be a lovely drive, especially coming home. :mrgreen:
been snowing and sleeting here all morning. One beauty of the cook's job is that all I'll have to do after 2 pm is eat, digest, watch football, have a beer or two, repeat as needed.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Just another day for me.

I'll be having venison and spuds.
JoeA

Post by JoeA »

Damn Slick can I invite myself over? Looks very good. :D
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

JoeA wrote:Damn Slick can I invite myself over? Looks very good. :D
looks good for about 15 minutes. Tastes real good, though :)
I'll save some leftovers for you if you get onto a flight quick enough. After Saturday, all bets are off.
Wullie

Post by Wullie »

Well, I don't have to suffer through the day with my sister.

Freezing rain up there. I'm staying put and will probably eat a steak. :lol: