Passed My GFT this evening

Crusty

Passed My GFT this evening

Post by Crusty »

General Flying Test (final bit of the course).....was a lovely evening and despite what I thought was one dodgy touch and go on rwy 01 (its got a bloody big hump in the first quarter that you cant help fixating on) and having to get used to the daft electronic EFIS display on the aircraft (i only flown it a few times before, I usually fly the other one with conventional dials), I was declared not bad for a Cardiff boy and given me wings...im currently rather drunk and very loudly insisting the missus calls me Captain

toodle pip
Wullie

Re: Passed My GFT this evening

Post by Wullie »

Congrats!

What is entailed in that license, multi or single engine, complex aircraft or fixed gear, etc?

I've had an SEL (Single engine, Land) license for over 20 years now. Busted every Federal Aviation Regulation pertaining to same on many occasions.

Haven't fired up a real plane in over 5 years now.

Enjoy!!

~S~
W
Crusty

Post by Crusty »

NPPL....single engine, non complex, only valid in UK, but that is under negotiation so I may be able to fly to france or spain in a year or 2
basicly the cheapest way I could do it, but I only really care about being in the air at the moment, furthest ive been is 120 miles on one of my QXCs, just being up there is enough for me
ginger_cat

Post by ginger_cat »

:D 8-)

Congratulations!
fatman

Post by fatman »

You are the man, man 8-)
Now get to dive bombing little old ladies walking to the shops with flour bombs :mrgreen:
JoeA

Post by JoeA »

WELL DONE! Glad to see general aviation is not completely dead in the UK or Europe. Hey you'll be able to visit the France and Spain without putting up with; French train strikes, overcrowded low-cost flights filled with drunk fellow Brit tourists, etc. :lol: Mostly just being up there is the best.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

congrats, Crusty!! :)
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.