R.I.P. dude

II/JG54_Emil

Re: R.I.P. dude

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

Guys what´s up with you?

It was war and he fought in a plane he didn´t kill any Jews nor did he know about so show some respect instead of cursing at a man who just died.
Crusty

Post by Crusty »

Jerk closely followed by knee-jerk......mellow out Emil, only one idiot dissed the guy and hes allready apologised.
DKoor seems to have made the only balanced post in this thread
TX-Thunderbolt

Post by TX-Thunderbolt »

The guy was a straight-up badass when it came to aerial combat. He just happened to be flying for the side that lost. I got a copy of his memoirs (signed to me of course) from him when he was at Oshkosh this year and am about 2/3 of the way through it when his death was announced. Rather cryptic, but he certainly didn't seem like a bad person. Quite the contrary actually.

Bouncer

Post by Bouncer »

Rest in Peace.
GOYA

Post by GOYA »

Another living legend becomes a legend.
Jumoschwanz

Post by Jumoschwanz »

Isn't Rall the one that Erich Hartmann was disappointed in because they broke him in prison in Russia and got him to jump through hoops, turn in his medals and sign a confession fairly early? I thought they talked about this in Hartmann's biography, I will have to drag it out and take a look again.

As far as judging all German pilots just because they flew for Germany, that IS bullshit. Just as 40%+ of the general german population wanted nothing to do with the Nazi party, a large percentage of it's pilots and other soldiers wanted nothing to do with the Nazis either.

Many german military personnel in WWII simply wanted to protect their homes and families from being killed or worse, and most of them had nothing to go on except for Nazi propaganda as to how the war was going, many thought it was still winnable long after it was not.

The Nazi debacle is a valuable part of history for sure, part of history and a lesson that has been repeated more than a few times, and in fact is repeating again right now.

The descendants and successors of the same bankers that supported Hitler and manipulated governments to get WWII rolling are still the driving force in world politics right now, the U.S.A. and G.B. being their two largest havens.

Partisan politics is for chumps, the only real concern for the population of this world should be how their lives are being planned and run by the Banks......
TX-Thunderbolt

Post by TX-Thunderbolt »

Gunther Rall was never in custody of the Russians. He surrendered to the Western powers and spent time in POW camps in Germany, France and Great Britain. He was released in France.

I think you're referring to Hermann Graf. ;)
JoeA

Post by JoeA »

TX-Thunderbolt wrote:Gunther Rall was never in custody of the Russians. He surrendered to the Western powers and spent time in POW camps in Germany, France and Great Britain. He was released in France.

I think you're referring to Hermann Graf. ;)
Must be the tinfoil hat that confused him. :roll:
Jumoschwanz

Post by Jumoschwanz »

I looked in the book and it was Herman Graff that was interred with Hartmann and signed a confession and turned in his decorations after swearing a pact with Erich that neither would....