Saw this in a shop today.

Buzz

Re: Not my idea of fishing

Post by Buzz »

WTF?
Soapy

Post by Soapy »

From another forum, a mate posted this as a reply..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1lBoEeUiGk

:lol:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Buzz wrote:WTF?
I believe, if Soapy showed the entire cover, it would read, "Masters of Coarse Angling", which apparently means something to the British(coarse fish v. game fish). Come to think of it, Soap's version is WAY more fun to ponder, and probably appeals to folks from that side of the pond as well. Perhaps, Australians, as well. :P
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Soapy

Post by Soapy »

callmeslick wrote:
Buzz wrote:WTF?
I believe, if Soapy showed the entire cover, it would read, "Masters of Coarse Angling", which apparently means something to the British(coarse fish v. game fish). Come to think of it, Soap's version is WAY more fun to ponder, and probably appeals to folks from that side of the pond as well. Perhaps, Australians, as well. :P

Give that man a coconut :)

I posted this in 3 forums and on facebook and no one noticed what it really read :) ( one mainly euro and one US and lastly here )

Me and my son were in one of those cheap £1 per item shop getting batteries and a4 notepads etc. Some old Romanian guy walked up to me whilst I was browsing the DVD section laughing his head off and saying "that soo funny! " :lol:
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I'm not sure how Slick knew, but i've never heard of Course Angling. I tried to figure out what it said, but came up with nothing.
Soapy

Post by Soapy »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coarse_fishing

fishing and angling being interchangable.
Coarse fishing is a term used in the United Kingdom and Ireland for angling for coarse fish, which are those types of freshwater fish other than game fish (trout, salmon and char). The sport and the techniques used are particularly popular in the United Kingdom and mainland Europe.
Basically it's when you go for fish you can't eat but want to see if you can catch them anyway.

Don't worry Buzz, on a mainly UK/Euro forum where I posted this, no one knew either :)
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

There's different fish than trout??

Who knew?
nuf

Post by nuf »

good catch :lol:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Buzz wrote:I'm not sure how Slick knew, but i've never heard of Course Angling. I tried to figure out what it said, but came up with nothing.

I've been a fisherman WAY too long.....and have read one too many English angling book. :lol:
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.