Hey UB6

fatman

Hey UB6

Post by fatman »

Cant remember which side of Canada you are on but hope you are well out of the fire zone it looks nasty
Ub6

Re: Hey UB6

Post by Ub6 »

I am not sure if you remember me saying before.. that I lived in Kelowna during the 2003 fires and lost my house, a car and eventually just gave up and left after insurance settled.
Well this time the fire is on the other side of the lake, GlenRosa/Westbank is where we were going to buy after.

But no, we are on the actual coast now.. and far from danger.

Thanks for the concern though... I will pass it on to our family that is there still.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Ub6 wrote:I am not sure if you remember me saying before.. that I lived in Kelowna during the 2003 fires and lost my house, a car and eventually just gave up and left after insurance settled.
Well this time the fire is on the other side of the lake, GlenRosa/Westbank is where we were going to buy after.

But no, we are on the actual coast now.. and far from danger.

Thanks for the concern though... I will pass it on to our family that is there still.
Nah man sure dont remember you saying you lost your house and stuff thats pretty sad but i guess you all lived so thats a start :shock: But it is good to know your out of the way this time
JoeA

Post by JoeA »

Glad to hear everyone is ok ub6, I saw the pics on the CBC site and heard about it from my folks (who live in Abbotsford). I didn't know about your house and property losses in 2003 8did CWOS even exist then??) unless you mentioned it much later. Seems to be a heat wave now, very odd when I was home in December we had a lot of snow and much colder temperatures than usual.