Bob Dylan's Christmas Album

GOYA

Bob Dylan's Christmas Album

Post by GOYA »

ruggbutt

Re: Bob Dylan's Christmas Album

Post by ruggbutt »

I heard some of them on BTLS. Horri-fecking-ble.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
Conga

Post by Conga »

Leon Redbone and howlin wolf as one with a raspy kinda thing. yikes.
DKoor

Post by DKoor »

I really wonder sometimes whether some people are plain nut types...
They could buy shit on a stick if someone tells them that is art...
Look at the reviews.

Utterly untalented type for singing and nothing special for playing...
He should let that chick stay with him and sing while he plays or something instead of kicking her as soon as he "really made it".
And another argument on how his musical opus stinks, is that every other band I listened that reworked some of his songs made it sound better than the old man himself.

The only thing that is really worth about Bob Dylan is his lyrics. 8-)

Then again, you will rarely find someone with lower opinion on Dylan than me.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

I heard two cuts off of this one the other day on public radio. Each as bad as the other.
Yikes! :shock:
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

I never liked the guy even with his old stuff. But he's gotten just horrible with age.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
TX-Thunderbolt

Post by TX-Thunderbolt »

Tangled up in blue was a great song. Once he lost the whole folk-singer gimmick (sometime around 1967), he was through IMO.

BTW, what is a Jewish guy doing cutting an entire album about Santa Clause and Christmas? :o

Talk about sell-out. :roll:
Daiichidoku

Post by Daiichidoku »

TX-Thunderbolt wrote:Tangled up in blue was a great song. Once he lost the whole folk-singer gimmick (sometime around 1967), he was through IMO.

BTW, what is a Jewish guy doing cutting an entire album about Santa Clause and Christmas? :o

Talk about sell-out. :roll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Dylan# ... ain_period

In the late 1970s, Dylan became a born-again Christian[142][143][144] and released two albums of Christian gospel music. Slow Train Coming (1979) featured the guitar accompaniment of Mark Knopfler (of Dire Straits) and was produced by veteran R&B producer, Jerry Wexler. Wexler recalled that when Dylan had started to evangelize to him during the recording, he replied: "Bob, you're dealing with a sixty-two-year old Jewish atheist. Let's just make an album."[145] The album won Dylan a Grammy Award as "Best Male Vocalist" for the song "Gotta Serve Somebody". The second evangelical album, Saved (1980), received mixed reviews, although Kurt Loder in Rolling Stone declared the album was far superior, musically, to its predecessor.[146] When touring from the fall of 1979 through the spring of 1980, Dylan would not play any of his older, secular works, and he delivered declarations of his faith from the stage, such as:

Years ago they ... said I was a prophet. I used to say, "No I'm not a prophet" they say "Yes you are, you're a prophet." I said, "No it's not me." They used to say "You sure are a prophet." They used to convince me I was a prophet. Now I come out and say Jesus Christ is the answer. They say, "Bob Dylan's no prophet." They just can't handle it.[147]
Dylan's embrace of Christianity was unpopular with some of his fans and fellow musicians.[148] Shortly before his murder, John Lennon recorded "Serve Yourself" in response to Dylan's "Gotta Serve Somebody".[149] By 1981, while Dylan's Christian faith was obvious, Stephen Holden wrote in the New York Times that "neither age (he's now 40) nor his much-publicized conversion to born-again Christianity has altered his essentially iconoclastic temperament."
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Bob Dylan and Cat Stevens must have some very interesting conversations.

Just a guess.
DKoor

Post by DKoor »

Reservoir_Dog wrote:Bob Dylan and Cat Stevens must have some very interesting conversations.

Just a guess.
:lol: