Romney's Foreign Policy Speech

Pudfark

Re: Romney's Foreign Policy Speech

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick wrote:to deny the facts that Buzz or I posted is to have no clue. CUDA mocks the comment about less international terrorism, but I don't recall one incident of the scale of 9/11 or the London bombings in the past 4 years. And, so on......
Please define that word.

I don't believe the former Ambassador to Libya holds that view. Do you?
CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Buzz wrote:
CUDA wrote:
Pudfark wrote:By the way, Well Stated CUDA :) "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it". ~ Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Minister of propaganda
see but that's the danger in it. the people have already started to believe it. this forum is proof enough.

so there are only two plausible explanations

1. they are sheep, they cannot and will not see reality, that by calling Romney a liar they open up their own Candidate for the same indictment.
2. they themselves are liars and will lie and do what ever is required to get their Candidate re-elected
Exaggeration and bold ass lies are quite different.

Romney is from the school of smoke and mirrors. It sure works on you guys.
so you choose to lie for Obama????? because fact check says he told untruths. so what is it Buzz??

LIE #1: OBAMA SAYS HIS PLAN REDUCES THE DEFICIT BY $4 TRILLION

THE CLAIM: Obama: “I’ve Proposed A Specific $4 Trillion Deficit Reduction Plan.” OBAMA: “I’ve proposed a specific $4 trillion deficit reduction plan. … The way we do it is $2.50 for every cut, we ask for $1 in additional revenue.” (President Barack Obama, Presidential Debate, Denver, CO, 10/3/12)

THE FACTS: “Virtually No Serious Budget Analyst Agreed With This Accounting.” “But virtually no serious budget analyst agreed with this accounting. Obama’s $4 trillion figure, for instance, includes counting some $1 trillion in cuts reached a year ago in budget negotiations with Congress. So no matter who is the president, the savings are already in the bank.” (Glenn Kessler, “Factchecking The First Presidential Debate Of 2012,” The Washington Post‘s The Fact Checker, 10/4/12)

THE FACTS: Obama’s $4 Trillion Figure Includes Money From Legislation Enacted With Republicans And From War Savings That Would Occur Anyway. “In promising $4 trillion, Obama is already banking more than $2 billion from legislation enacted along with Republicans last year that cut agency operating budgets and capped them for 10 years. He also claims more than $800 billion in war savings that would occur anyway. And he uses creative bookkeeping to hide spending on Medicare reimbursements to doctors.” (Calvin Woodward, “FACT CHECK: Presidential Debate Missteps,” The Associated Press, 10/3/12)

“Take Those ‘Cuts’ Away And Obama’s $2.50/$1 Ratio Of Spending Cuts To Tax Increases Shifts Significantly More In The Direction Of Tax Increases.” (Calvin Woodward, “FACT CHECK: Presidential Debate Missteps,” The Associated Press, 10/3/12)

Obama “Twisted The Truth” With The $4 Trillion Figure. “Obama also twisted the truth when he repeated the claim that his proposals would reduce the 10-year deficit by $4 trillion. In fact, the Congressional Budget Office found that Obama’s budget would increase cumulative deficits by well over $2 trillion over that time period.” (Meghan McCarthy, Katy O’Donnell, Amy Harder, and Catherine Hollander, “Fact Checking The Presidential Debate,” National Journal, 10/3/12)

LIE #2: OBAMA CLAIMED HE WOULD RETURN AMERICA TO TAX RATES UNDER CLINTON

THE CLAIM: Obama: “We Should Go Back To The Rates That We Had When Bill Clinton Was President.” OBAMA: “But I have said that for incomes over $250,000 a year, that we should go back to the rates that we had when Bill Clinton was president, when we created 23 million new jobs, went from deficit to surplus, and created a whole lot of millionaires to boot.” (President Barack Obama, Presidential Debate, Denver, CO, 10/3/12)

THE FACTS: “Obama Repeated A Favorite Talking Point” But Americans Will Pay More Under Obama Than Clinton Due To New Taxes In ObamaCare. “Obama repeated a favorite talking point, saying that his tax plan would return rates for the wealthy back to where they were during economically prosperous times under President Bill Clinton. But those making over $250,000 a year would actually pay more than they did under Clinton due to new taxes imposed on upper-income people to pay for the health care law.” (Brooks Jackson, Eugene Kiely, Lori Robertson, Robert Farley, D’Angelo Gore and Ben Finley, “Dubios Denver Debate Declarations,” Factcheck.org, 10/4/12)

LIE #3: OBAMA SAYS ROMNEY’S MEDICARE PLAN WOULD COST SENIORS $6,000 A YEAR

THE CLAIM: Obama: “The Problem Is That Because The Voucher Wouldn’t Necessarily Keep Up With Health Care Inflation, It Was Estimated That This Would Cost The Average Senior About $6,000 A Year.” OBAMA: “The problem is that because the voucher wouldn’t necessarily keep up with health care inflation, it was estimated that this would cost the average senior about $6,000 a year. Now, in fairness, what Governor Romney has now said is he’ll maintain traditional Medicare alongside it .” (President Barack Obama, Presidential Debate, Denver, CO, 10/3/12)

THE FACTS: The Washington Post ‘s The Fact Checker: “He Still Clung To An Outdated Estimate Of An Earlier Version Of The Plan, Claiming It Will Cost Seniors An Extra $6,000 A Year. (He Had Previously Earned Two Pinocchios For This Claim.)” “In the debate, Obama acknowledged that the GOP Medicare plan, authored by Romney running mate Paul Ryan, has been changed. But he still clung to an outdated estimate of an earlier version of the plan, claiming it will cost seniors an extra $6,000 a year. (He had previously earned Two Pinocchios for this claim.)” (Glenn Kessler, “Factchecking The First Presidential Debate Of 2012,” The Washington Post‘s The Fact Checker, 10/4/12)

LIE #4: OBAMA SAYS ROMNEY’S PLAN WOULD RAISE TAXES ON MIDDLE CLASS FAMILIES

THE CLAIM: Obama: Under Romney, “The Average Middle-Class Family With Children Would Pay About $2,000 More.” OBAMA: “And that’s why independent studies looking at this said the only way to meet Governor Romney’s pledge of not reducing the deficit — or — or — or not adding to the deficit, is by burdening middle-class families. The average middle-class family with children would pay about $2,000 more.” (President Barack Obama, Presidential Debate, Denver, CO, 10/3/12)

THE FACTS: “Romney Says His Plan Wouldn’t Raise Taxes On Anyone, And His Campaign Points To Several Studies By Conservative Think Tanks That Dispute The Tax Policy Center’s Findings.” “Romney says his plan wouldn’t raise taxes on anyone, and his campaign points to several studies by conservative think tanks that dispute the Tax Policy Center’s findings. Most of the conservative studies argue that Romney’s tax plan would stimulate economic growth, generating additional tax revenue without shifting any of the tax burden to the middle class.” (Calvin Woodward, “FACT CHECK: Presidential Debate Missteps,” The Associated Press, 10/4/12)

there are 8 other lies that Obama told. should I post them also????
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.
Benjamin Franklin
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."

Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

CUDA wrote:
Pudfark wrote:By the way, Well Stated CUDA :) "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it". ~ Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Minister of propaganda
see but that's the danger in it. the people have already started to believe it. this forum is proof enough.

so there are only two plausible explanations

1. they are sheep, they cannot and will not see reality, that by calling Romney a liar they open up their own Candidate for the same indictment.
2. they themselves are liars and will lie and do what ever is required to get their Candidate re-elected
Proof of that? R_D's affinity for mutton. ;)
CUDA

Post by CUDA »

CUDA mocks the comment about less international terrorism, but I don't recall one incident of the scale of 9/11 or the London bombings in the past 4 years.
you have quite a habit of trying to define parameters to make your arguments look better, AFTER THE FACT.
You said
International terrorism has declined,
NO WHERE did you say anything of the scale of 9/11. so applying that same standards that your applying to Romney does that make you a liar??

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Just blew the ring and pinion in my Jeep.

So, fuck all of you. I'm pissed.
CUDA

Post by CUDA »

Buzz wrote:Just blew the ring and pinion in my Jeep.

So, fuck all of you. I'm pissed.
is that fact or just your Opinion ;) :P

callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:
CUDA mocks the comment about less international terrorism, but I don't recall one incident of the scale of 9/11 or the London bombings in the past 4 years.
you have quite a habit of trying to define parameters to make your arguments look better, AFTER THE FACT.
You said
International terrorism has declined,
NO WHERE did you say anything of the scale of 9/11. so applying that same standards that your applying to Romney does that make you a liar??

I said the level of internatonal terrorism is WAY down. Use whaterver metrics you wish, the result is that my words ring true, and Romney is full of shit.
Then, you, in a thread solely about Romney's foreign policy speech go on to attack Obama on deficit reduction plans, despite the fact that those plans did not involve the drastic level of defense cuts currently set to go into effect in 2013(those were due to Congressional inaction). You go on a 4 paragraph rant for what point I can't discern. The facts remain that Romney's foreign policy speech was a pack of lies, to cover up his utter incompetence on the subject.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

"The facts remain that Romney's foreign policy speech was a pack of lies, to cover up his utter incompetence on the subject."

Would it be to much trouble?
For you to list some of them lies?
I have noticed lately?
Your lack of specificity and clarity.
That's not a complaint, merely an observation. :?

Once again, "facts"?
It seems your definition widely varies from Webster's.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

WTF Pud! They aren't hard to find.

Take your pick.

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&output=se ... 11&bih=552
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

Buzz wrote:Just blew the ring and pinion in my Jeep.
Another n00b who doesn't know how to drive off road.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum