Defend FREEDOM defeat OBAMA

callmeslick

Re: Defend FREEDOM defeat OBAMA

Post by callmeslick »

you skipped the First Amendment? Perhaps I worded it funny for the sake of brevity in my response, but the 1st prevents the establishment of any religion, guarantees the right of free practice, etc.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

fatman wrote:
callmeslick wrote:Right to bear arms,
Back then it wasnt a right it was expected 8-)
expected? Not really, in most contemporary societies the munitions were kept in check by the authorities. Sure, those in backwoods areas hunted out of necessity, but, in say downtown Philadelphia or Boston? Not really.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Post by CUDA »

callmeslick wrote:you skipped the First Amendment? Perhaps I worded it funny for the sake of brevity in my response, but the 1st prevents the establishment of any religion, guarantees the right of free practice, etc.
OH I didnt skip anything. I noticed that you worded it "Freedom from imposed religion" that is not what it says in anyway shape or form. those words were a distortion of the actual amendment's wording. I always find it interesting that when people wish to quote the 1st that they always say that the Government cannot have anything to do with religion. that was not the intent on what Madison Proposed and spoke about in the federalist papers. there can be NO LAW establishing a religion.. OR the state cannot create a religion like the Church of England. which is directly what Madison meant. and it cannot prohibit the free exercise there of. but its always fascinated me how people that want a "Non Constitutional" separation of church and state like to Omit that second part. "Imposing" as you put it is a forced adherence to a religion. no where in the 1st does it require a forced adherence to any religion. and no where does it say that the Government cannot recognize a religion. what it says is that the Government cannot establish or create a religion.

Words are a very powerful thing
Last edited by CUDA on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."

nicolas10

Post by nicolas10 »

Ok I'll make some amendments:

Amendment 1 you don't kill the prez for abolishing the fed
Amendment 2 dissolve the CIA
Amendment 3 back to military service, every adult going out having his military outfit at home Swiss style
Not only you have the right to bear arms, but you get a M4 at home for free complete with reflex sight and foregrip + maybe a 1911.
Amendment 4 you can' paint your M4 in pink
Amendment 5 shave the balls of any dumbass who claims the US has a free press. The fact that the press is controled by the few rich guys who control it doesn't mean there is no control, quite the contrary.
Amendment 6 genetically modified food is going down
Amendment 7 you have the right to demonstrate, but you can't bring your M4 with you
Amendment 8 abolish the communist sports leagues with completely stupid rules like salary cap & such. And replace them with real sporting
Amendment 9 the gvt can't support terrorists anywhere
Amendment 10 you'se guys are calling me Smurfissime

Nic
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I assume you'll be handling the ball shaving?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA,
The express purpose of the first Amendment,regarding religion, was two-fold:
1.The citizenry was to be free to practice(or not, I suppose)any religion of their choice
2. The government was NOT to mandate, nor officially sanction ANY religion.

This, as you no doubt know, stemmed from the experience with Merrie Old England, which had an official state religion(Church of England),
and a long history of abuse of those practicing other religions, such as my Baptist and Methodist forbearers, and, in an historical turn,
all Protestants when the Catholic Church had sway over the monarchy. In that sense, I doubt the founders would have been in any way
happy with the State getting involved(either sanctioning, or partnering with in any way) ANY religion. That is why I have a problem with
the silly notion often espoused that this nation was founded as a Christian nation. No, it was expressly non-sectarian, even though the
vast bulk of the citizenry and founding fathers might be described as Christian. Most would be seen as secular by many of today's more
fundamentalist Christian practitioners, btw, notably the Virginia delegation, and of course, Franklin.
nicolas10

Post by nicolas10 »

Amendment N°11: if you are not a christian, follow the don't ask don't tell policy.
Amendment N°12: don't ask don't tell for gays extendent to the whole society & not just the military.

Ruggbutt will be the balls shaver.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

nicolas10 wrote:Ruggbutt will be the balls shaver.
But only for the Mexicans.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

nicolas10 wrote: Ruggbutt will be the balls shaver.
Good call. He has the most experience.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

I shaved my balls last nite. Since the g/f spends an inordinate amount of time down there it's the least I could do. Buzz, you wouldn't know about that g/f thing. Stalking Pam doesn't count as her being a g/f.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum