And you wonder why im not a fan of immigrants

callmeslick

Re: And you wonder why im not a fan of immigrants

Post by callmeslick »

hell, Nuf, the goal of immigration is always economic, at the nut of it. Assimilation is merely
a normal course of action as time passes.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
nuf

Post by nuf »

it´s not. you can migrate for political or security reasons as well, for ecological ones, or because of love...

and for example there are studies about certain groups of migrants over here that are actually less "assimilated" now than 2 generations ago when their parents or grandparents were still full of hope. it might be that people generally want to integrate more in the US.

for me people don´t have to assimilate, an integration as in living together and learning from eachother is enough for me.
Last edited by nuf on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fatman

Post by fatman »

callmeslick wrote:hell, Nuf, the goal of immigration is always economic, at the nut of it. Assimilation is merely
a normal course of action as time passes.
Aint that the truth. Look at all the so called refugees that make their way to our shores they go the country of first asylum then thru a few more and finally on our doorstep so by the UN rules we should send them all back but
commie

Post by commie »

And you wonder why I'm not a fan of fat head threads. :roll:

And that's "I'm" not "im" chunderbrain. :P
fatman

Post by fatman »

Commie i lub you man hold me as i fall asleep and whisper sweet nothings into my ear :oops:
Gun Nutt

Post by Gun Nutt »

ruggbutt wrote:If you're going to relocate and live in another country you should make an attempt to assimilate. If your old country is so fantastic then why did you leave it?
+1
My wife and I flew into Miami 4 months ago and stopped at a Walmart near the airport to buy a new coffeemaker on the way to the condo. 20 checkstands open and only 2 cashiers spoke English, they had to get a manager to find a Proctor-Silex coffeemaker. I thought we landed in Cuba instead of Miami. Fekkers got mad at me because I couldn't speak spanish, so I just had to ask the manager if I was still in America. He didn't appreciate or respond to my question. Gunny
CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Miami was that way 30 years go, when I lived in Florida. they had signs back then that said we speak English :roll:
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."

callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:Miami was that way 30 years go, when I lived in Florida. they had signs back then that said we speak English :roll:
beat me to that observation..... :)
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.