It's been fun but...

Soapy

It's been fun but...

Post by Soapy »

This place has been a lot of fun over the years. I've met a lot of nice people and enjoyed it a lot. But for the last long while it has just been pretty crap, same shit over and over again.

I'm not saying I'm away for good, just for a while. No offence to even the village idiot who writes in crayon when he is not eating them, or the pre senile guy who seems to post as if he lives in Hicksville USA with all the good ole boys ( y'all know who I'm a talking about..)

This shit is getting older than the founding father's grandparents talking about the oldest stuff they ever did see..

It's just pretty boring seeing the same old, same old regurgitated day after day, month after month etc. I can't be arsed with it. Have fun, enjoy the important things in life. Stay safe and I'll see you after the revolution :)
HappyHappy

Re: It's been fun but...

Post by HappyHappy »

Soapy wrote:No offence to even the village idiot who writes in crayon when he is not eating them, or the pre senile guy who seems to post as if he lives in Hicksville USA with all the good ole boys ( y'all know who I'm a talking about..)

Reservoir_Dog finally got to you?

HH
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Well...it's never good to drop the soapy...in the public shower.

It does not please me that you are leaving Soapy.
Everybody has a choice to post what they choose here.
My very best to You and Yours.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Stay classy Soapy and remember dont vote yes :D
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Soapy wrote:This place has been a lot of fun over the years. I've met a lot of nice people and enjoyed it a lot. But for the last long while it has just been pretty crap, same shit over and over again.

I'm not saying I'm away for good, just for a while. No offence to even the village idiot who writes in crayon when he is not eating them, or the pre senile guy who seems to post as if he lives in Hicksville USA with all the good ole boys ( y'all know who I'm a talking about..)

This shit is getting older than the founding father's grandparents talking about the oldest stuff they ever did see..

It's just pretty boring seeing the same old, same old regurgitated day after day, month after month etc. I can't be arsed with it. Have fun, enjoy the important things in life. Stay safe and I'll see you after the revolution :)
You echo the very same thoughts I've been having for quite some time now.
Tolwyn should have started a separate forum for politics. Not doing so was the death nail of CWoS.

Be good, Soapy. Stay cool you old sheep shagger!. And don't forget your wellies! :D
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Well, R_D, Tolwyn did. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2926

You were for it and so was Chipz.
I was out of town.

I read it as this "The Pilot's Lounge (aka Politics)" was your idea.
Tolwyn just rolled with it.
;)

I can understand you leaving...without Slick's shadow to hide in?
Well...you know....and so do the rest of us.

This conduct and behavior by y'all, well, it really validates yer
theories. Certainly, calling folks names for the last several years,
taking a shit in the punch bowl before slamming the door and leaving
the party is understandable. Some liberals, call it manly.

We understand your need....to save yourself, first.

Note to all: Democracy is a "process". You don't have it, when,
you quit it. :idea:
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Pudfark wrote:I read it as this "The Pilot's Lounge (aka Politics)" was your idea.
Reservoir_Dog wrote:I really think there should be a separate forum for political threads.
Let the Lounge be what the Lounge is supposed to be.
What part of the word "separate" don't you understand?
Fuck, you're stupid.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Reservoir_Dog wrote:Fuck, you're stupid.
and he looks like Einstein compared to HH. That is my sole reason for limited participation.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Reservoir_Dog wrote:
Pudfark wrote:I read it as this "The Pilot's Lounge (aka Politics)" was your idea.
Reservoir_Dog wrote:I really think there should be a separate forum for political threads.
What part of the word "separate" don't you understand?
Fuck, you're stupid.
"Now don't get me wrong, while I may diss him, I understand that Pud's passions run deep.
But perhaps it's time that Tolwyn started a separate forum for politics. I know the subject has come up before. But maybe it's time. The Lounge has become pigeonholed.
It's lost it's mantra...... "Kick back, relax and have a laugh."

I really think there should be a separate forum for political threads.

What say you?"

Take it up with Tolwyn, R_D. I like his sense of humor. It was your idea, it's his
forum and his solution. I was out of town. I seem to recall a vote...somewhere in the immediate past. Personally, R_D, I believe your idea was stupid. Why?
Ya can't bitch about it anymore. That's probably the reason Tolwyn did what he did. :)
ChipznBeer

Post by ChipznBeer »

Awwww Soapy :(
I, for one, will surely miss you!!! (coming back to what this post was originally about :x )
You have truly been one of my most enjoyable participants here!!
My best to you and your wife, my friend!
And again, I can't thank you and your wife enough for the favour and help you gave Res and I a while ago, that was truly wonderful of you both 8-)
And should you find another site that is actually fun to be in, like this place use to be, come back and pm me as I'll gladly follow along ;)
Take care my friend,
Chipz
:) X :) O :) X :)