Insurance Update

callmeslick

Re: Insurance Update

Post by callmeslick »

Pudfark wrote:I'm picking up what you're laying down...in the manner you intended.

However, what legal mechanism is in place to effect this solution. I understand how it worked for you under your circumstances. I gonna make a risky assumption, you were probably part of a "large group plan" through your employment and the concessions made, voluntarily, by the "insurance provider" were made in order to continue doing business with your organization. Which financially benefited your "provider" and continued your coverage/reimbursement.
where you are missing a detail is this: all insurers are under this sort of pressure, but NOT from the employer(although I'm sure that helps),but from their State Insurance regulators, who have a lot of legal bite, and without whose approval, the insurer cannot legally operate in the State.
At this moment...there exists no legal mechanism...for many, to pay their premiums.
don't believe the right-wing hype. There is, in every case I am personally aware of, a very normal method to pay the premiums. I, for instance, am getting a bill, just like I do from my current insurance provider.

oh, and the bit about it being a mess. To some extent I agree, but then again, I am old enough to remember the roll-out of Medicare(really, really messy), and even the Drug benefit added to Medicare(a clusterfuck for about 6 months). Both of those straightened out with a bit of time and a bit of patience(which the American people always tend to show, despite superficial appearances). I am sure this will, too.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

again...I ain't trying to be obnoxious here.... :)

One little problem with this: "where you are missing a detail is this: all insurers are under this sort of pressure, but NOT from the employer(although I'm sure that helps),but from their State Insurance regulators, who have a lot of legal bite, and without whose approval, the insurer cannot legally operate in the State."

Those State Insurance regulators have no authority to dictate/stipulate that a non-existent "contract/policy", unsigned and not defined....is now in effect and was in the past. And the Insurance Company just has to "roll out the dough" on their "say-so". If, you want a non-working example of the State trying to dictate policies.....google Florida, property insurance, state regulations and you'll quickly discover when the state tried what you inferred above....most of the Insurers there....told the state to stuff it. They moved out of Florida. Florida property owners/lenders then had no way to insure their property or cover their loans. Florida then had to set up their own state insurance plan....since I know you're gonna google this....read what happened there?

I'm really trying to have a civil discourse about this...hope you can discern that.

I know this is a sore point.... :(
Many Insurance Companies dropped out of certain states because of the ACA...many doctors and hospitals too.

I'm just gently saying.....Obama and staff ain't plumbers either.....they should'a/could'a hired the best in this country....and they didn't.
nicolas10

Post by nicolas10 »

The nomenklatura gets well treated by the obamascam. Is it a surprise for anyone?

My guess is: no

Nic
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

No guess here, Nic.....you are correct.
HappyHappy

Post by HappyHappy »

Callmeshit fiddles and writes propaganda as the nation commits Obamacide.
Dethrone the Communist dictator I say!

HH
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

All you homos only WISH you had Canadian heath care!
Barfly

Post by Barfly »

We have a long road to travel before it gets that bad RD, lol. Canadian vet care is better than your government run human-care.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Ah ha......the Canadian Plan to dominate the world....with their free health care...... :lol:

Nice to know....that Canada is the "free" condom for America.... 8-)
Everybody needs a place to "go".... :lol:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Barfly wrote:We have a long road to travel before it gets that bad RD, lol. Canadian vet care is better than your government run human-care.
which, I suppose is why thousands of Americans attempt to avail themselves of that government-run health care, annually. :roll:
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick wrote:
Barfly wrote:We have a long road to travel before it gets that bad RD, lol. Canadian vet care is better than your government run human-care.
which, I suppose is why thousands of Americans attempt to avail themselves of that government-run health care, annually. :roll:
I dispute your numbers above, for/at the moment.
However, should prove to be true after January 1, 2014.
While we all call it ObamaCare, them Canadians are gonna call it ObamaShare.... :lol:

Further, I'll step out on the limb, for a moment............
At least the Canadians could make their inadequate program work.... :lol: