States retaliate against ObamaCare

Pudfark

States retaliate against ObamaCare

Post by Pudfark »

States retaliate against ObamaCare website developers, halt payments

Several states that paid millions to set up ObamaCare exchange websites but got error-plagued systems in return are starting to fight back, halting payments to the contractors and weighing legal options.

Massachusetts has paid $11 million of its $69 million contract.

Vermont, too, is withholding $5.1 million to CGI over its failure to meet deadlines, according to a report in the Boston Globe. CGI, though, claims that neither state is fully cutting off its funding.

The fight over payments comes as officials weigh their legal options, and some expect a rush of lawsuits once the major problems with the various exchanges sites are addressed. Vermont is investigating CGI and, according to the Globe, Massachusetts officials will present a plan in January to ensure "accountability" for the website problems.

Massachusetts has lagged far behind on enrollment, after severe website problems that forced the state to go to its alternate system.

Oregon, too, is beginning to confront its lead contractor. The state has had more trouble than any other getting its system online, resorting to paper applications after failed attempts to start the website.

Oracle Corp. was the primary contractor developing the exchange technology in this case. Cover Oregon officials have said previously they've withheld about $20 million in pay.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/12 ... +-+Text%29

ouch!
fatman

Re: States retaliate against ObamaCare

Post by fatman »

Who needs welfare :P

CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Post by CUDA »

I was gonna say sniper had her. But it looks like he's still stuck in her pants.

sniper? You ok?
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."

callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

did not need to see that with my morning coffee. Nope.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

CUDA wrote:I was gonna say sniper had her. But it looks like he's still stuck in her pants.

sniper? You ok?
I'm not worried....it's gonna take some time...to get...to that Eskimo Pie.