Census

ruggbutt

Census

Post by ruggbutt »

Got mine today, they want to know way too much personal info. I'm either going to 1) not fill it out at all or 2) fill out the parts they need to know to "count" my house. Prolly the former. I noticed they dropped the caucasian reference, now I'm just "white". They also have negro as a choice. I bet that stirs up some shit.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
callmeslick

Re: Census

Post by callmeslick »

the last part already did stir up shit. I got my forms today, but didn't open it up yet. What are the invasive parts, and are they different from prior censuses? You, and your hometown would be better served by answering minimally, though, as a lot of stuff from Congressional representation to money flow back to local government is based on that count.....
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Post by CUDA »

ruggbutt wrote:Got mine today, they want to know way too much personal info. I'm either going to 1) not fill it out at all or 2) fill out the parts they need to know to "count" my house. Prolly the former. I noticed they dropped the caucasian reference, now I'm just "white". They also have negro as a choice. I bet that stirs up some shit.
if you dont fill it out they Government will fine you. if you will it out incorrect the Government will fine you even more.
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."

ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

callmeslick wrote: What are the invasive parts, and are they different from prior censuses? You, and your hometown would be better served by answering minimally, though, as a lot of stuff from Congressional representation to money flow back to local government is based on that count.....
CUDA wrote: if you dont fill it out they Government will fine you. if you will it out incorrect the Government will fine you even more.
I'm willing to fill it out but not give any personal info like names, incomes, etc. But if I fill it out partially I'll be liable for fines so I might as well just say fuck it and not fill it out at all.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Barfly

Post by Barfly »

100$ fine per unanswered question.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

no shit? I've never heard of that fine ever being enforced, but maybe I don't travel in the proper circles.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

ok, now I opened the envelope, and wonder what drugs you folks are taking:
1. No mention of mandatory status, the letter ASKS you to fill the damn thing out. Only penalty mentioned is $300 for misuse of free mailing envelope.
2. Nothing beyond name, DOB, race asked. No income info. Oh, they did ask the ownership staus of my
home.
3. Unless one is a complete paranoid, this has to be the most harmless form I've ever filled out. Geez, they ask deeper questions on tax forms, routinely. Let's not even discuss forms folks have to fill out to rent a property or buy a car or house on borrowed cash.

what's the big deal? Just wondering......
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

this, from the Utah People's Post(sort of right of center, to say the least) article:
"According to the Denver Regional Director of the Census, Vicki McIntire, the fine has never been levied. "
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

You're right Slick, it prolly is no big deal. And all the same it's none of their business the names of anyone who lives in my home. Maybe you're ok with the intrusion into your life but I'm not. I don't like how the credit bureau can fuck your and your credit and they're not a government agency as well. Not that my credit is bad, it's not. But still.............
All the cool LOMAC stuff
ginger_cat

Post by ginger_cat »

According to the Govt. website - in the UK 2011 Census (proposed):

"The questionnaire for the 2011 Census will be 32 pages long and will include four
pages of questions for each of six respondents (the questionnaire for the 2001
Census in England and Wales was 20 pages long and included three pages of
questions for each of five respondents)."

The following is a list of topics (not individual questions):

Household Section
Usual residence
Household and family relationships
Accommodation type
Dwellings and self-contained accommodation
Number of rooms
Household tenure
Type of landlord
Number of vehicles
Visitor information (new)
Number of bedrooms (new)
Type of central heating (new)

Individual Section
Name
Sex
Date of birth
Marital or civil partnership (new) status
Students in full-time education and term-time address
Country of birth
Address one year ago
Ethnic Group
Religion
Knowledge of Welsh (Wales only)
Health status
Long-term illness or disability
Carer information
Qualifications
Economic activity status
NS-SEC (self-employed, occupation, supervisor status, ever
worked)
Industry/name of employer
Workplace address
Transport to place of work
Hours worked
Second residence (new)
Main Language and English Language Proficiency (new)
Month/year of entry into UK (new)
Intended length of stay in UK (new)
Passports held [as a proxy for Citizenship] (new)
National identity (new)

I can't find much on the penalties of not completing and returning the census, but I did find this on a local government website (Colchester Council):
"Do I have to complete the questionnaire?
Yes. You do. Everyone must take part in the census so that the results show complete and accurate information about the local community.

What happens if I don’t?
Some areas could become under-funded, which would reduce or restrict public services such as education and healthcare. Everyone is required by law to complete a questionnaire and individuals may be prosecuted. There is the potential for a criminal conviction, criminal record and/or fine. "