Not quite as bad as Baba Booey's pitch, but............

callmeslick

Re: Not quite as bad as Baba Booey's pitch, but............

Post by callmeslick »

the words were chosen, Pud, deliberately. Because, that was one situation where you needed someone who could(and did) talk, calmly, to the public. Bush didn't or couldn't. I really didn't see anything in McCain that indicated he would be good at it, either. The fact is, on two separate occaisions, this nation was THAT close to having no functional banking system after a weekend. It was ripe for true panic, the kind that plunges you into depressions. I do credit Obama and his team for getting us all through that with a LOT less economic damage than could have been the case. YMMV, of course.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

you know, another thought occurred to me regarding this thread. That is: how lame has it become where every little thing the President does is subject to 'serious' criticism?? I'll be the first to admit that I was all over Bush re: the War in Iraq, Patriot Act, etc, but those were real-life policy issues. It seems that the focus with Obama by some is stuff like this thread, and worse. I read, just the other day, that 50% of US Republican party members think that Obama is a Muslim, same number think he is not a US citizen by birth.
Even worse, 60% feel he has a plan to merge the US with a one-world government. Those are simply ludicrous, completely unsupported by reality. This sort of bogus critique has gotten completely out of hand.

Finally, I've put the following challenge up for over a year to those that dump on Obama's presidency:
Name the person who could have done better, and back it up with proof, based on real-world problem solving or written works laying out their plans. To date, I've never gotten anyone to even attempt an answer.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

I was all over how bad the Patriot Act was. Although I supported the war. Not sure if I do now, mainly because the politicians won't allow the military to prosecute the war the way a war should be.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
Dawg

Post by Dawg »

[quote="callmeslick"]you know, another thought occurred to me regarding this thread. That is: how lame has it become where every little thing the President does is subject to 'serious' criticism?? I'll be the first to admit that I was all over Bush re: the War in Iraq, Patriot Act, etc, but those were real-life policy issues. It seems that the focus with Obama by some is stuff like this thread, and worse. I read, just the other day, that 50% of US Republican party members think that Obama is a Muslim, same number think he is not a US citizen by birth.
Even worse, 60% feel he has a plan to merge the US with a one-world government. Those are simply ludicrous, completely unsupported by reality. This sort of bogus critique has gotten completely out of hand.
quote]

wow. so, you admit you were all over the bash bush bandwagon, but when "we" do it, its wrong?
why, oh why do you think 60% think obama is ruining this country?
So, the bogus critique of bush via the media was ok...but the bogus critique of obama by bloggers and the rest of the free thinkers is...not ok?

Why hasn't the media said shit about gasolines non-stop climb since the first of the year?? Crude is DOWN, barry said drill NOT build more refineries...wakey wakey
Could be the majority is right
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: obama.
Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick wrote: Finally, I've put the following challenge up for over a year to those that dump on Obama's presidency:
Name the person who could have done better, and back it up with proof, based on real-world problem solving or written works laying out their plans. To date, I've never gotten anyone to even attempt an answer
Now, that's really a hoot....how about you do the same for Obama....prior to the election....and spare us from shit like "Well, Obama said...." It should only take you a moment or so, to do it.

Old Pudfark sez: " ROFLMAO "
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Dawg wrote: wow. so, you admit you were all over the bash bush bandwagon, but when "we" do it, its wrong?
why, oh why do you think 60% think obama is ruining this country?
but, I didn't, because I wasn't. I did criticize specific policy decisions, and actually applauded a few others.
Still can't read for comprehension?
So, the bogus critique of bush via the media was ok...but the bogus critique of obama by bloggers and the rest of the free thinkers is...not ok?
what bogus critique, and the use of 'free-thinkers' in a sentence by a proven lackey is hilarious.
Why hasn't the media said shit about gasolines non-stop climb since the first of the year?? Crude is DOWN, barry said drill NOT build more refineries...wakey wakey
Could be the majority is right
where is crude down in price? Seriously, dawg, you can't just make shit up and hope it sticks. Crude a year ago was 50 bucks a barrel. It closed last Friday at $87. WTF?