Anybody Shoot Black Powder?

Buzz

Re: Anybody Shoot Black Powder?

Post by Buzz »

HappyHappy wrote:I find it odd that anyone owning a firearm would refer to Callmesick as his "buddy".
I find Callmesick to be a reprehensable little piece of defication.
We the people have no use for communists like Callmesick.

I used to be involved with the manufacture of black powder firearms ar TC Arms Rochester NH
back when KW Thompson and Warren Center were alive.
But since you are a friend of a bleeding communist I will avoid contributing to this discussion.

Maybe we will get lucky and in the near future you can tell us about how you blew your foot off :mrgreen:

HH

I have a bit more talent that your footless friend.

Slick is a fly fisherman. Hence my friend. I could give a shit less about the rest.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

c'mon, Buz....er, Bearkiller, admit it. This HappyHorseshit fella is a hoot. A real piece of work. Sweet how he claims I make 'everything into politics' and then goes on such a rant, not once, but twice, in your blackpowder thread. PM, because I have some flyfishing tales to bore you with. Sorry for the derail, back to the subject of black powder and other manly pursuits. :)
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
HappyHappy

Post by HappyHappy »

Why don't the two of you go shooting together.
The world will be a better place after a few quick draws.

HH
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

HappyHappy wrote:Why don't the two of you go shooting together.
The world will be a better place after a few quick draws.

HH
Just doing it like it was done back in the day.

Your girly style has no appeal for a bearkiller such as myself.

Have a safe life.
Wullie

Post by Wullie »

Been burning charcoal ( black powder ) since the 60's. Black powder six guns are fun. Black powder cartridge guns are fun too.

I sold both my old Sharp's cartridge rifles several years back. I had a 45X3 1/4 Straightside ( 45-120-500) and a 50X3 1/4 Straightside (50-140). The earth seemed to move when you torched off the 50. The 50 weighed 12 1/2 lbs and kicked like a mule. Standing joke about that gun was that all it needed was a set of wheels to be a real cannon. It was fun lobbing shots with both of those guns at 500 plus yards. The trajectories were like rainbows.

I used to load up some full house black powder loads for a 45 Long Colt and slip one or two into my friend's ammo pile. The look on his face was priceless when he set one of those off. In addition to the smoke and fire they kick like HELL compared to "factory" smokeless powder loads.

I can recall shooting a 44 cal 1860 Army ( Armi San Marco repro ) back in the '70's at 1 gallon paint cans at about 100 yards. I was using the conical bullets rather than the round balls and I was hitting the cans 3 or 4 times out of every six shots. Those guns pack plenty of wallop.

Always thought the 1851 Navy was one of the best looking pistols ever made. Shot a few Walker and Dragoon repro's over the years too. The Walkers suck after they get used some and loosen up. The loading lever drops and locks up the cylinder. That was the big downside to the original gun as well. A 4 1/2lb pistol is load to wag around too.

Wait until one "chain fires" with you, usually doesn't hurt anything, but it is exciting. It can hurt people standing off to the sides of you if it happens because lead is splattering everywhere.
Daiichidoku

Post by Daiichidoku »

punt guns look like some real fun

1 lb of BB's lol

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6092480881#
Wullie

Post by Wullie »

AWESOME!! :lol:

I've seen 'em but never seen a video or the real thing being shot.
DKoor

Post by DKoor »

HappyHappy wrote:Problem is that in the opinion of Callmesick, everything is political.
Since he has continuosly got his Democratic ass handed to him
he takes any chance he can find to insult the rational people he
is comitted to dominate.

Just ignore him.

HH
This sounds quite like a communist speak... everything is political?

Last time I heard that line from them... makes me no wonder why a big boss in North Korea doesn't allow their game on World Cup in South Africa to be a live broadcast... it is politics too! :lol:
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Wullie wrote:Been burning charcoal ( black powder ) since the 60's. Black powder six guns are fun. Black powder cartridge guns are fun too.

I sold both my old Sharp's cartridge rifles several years back. I had a 45X3 1/4 Straightside ( 45-120-500) and a 50X3 1/4 Straightside (50-140). The earth seemed to move when you torched off the 50. The 50 weighed 12 1/2 lbs and kicked like a mule. Standing joke about that gun was that all it needed was a set of wheels to be a real cannon. It was fun lobbing shots with both of those guns at 500 plus yards. The trajectories were like rainbows.

I used to load up some full house black powder loads for a 45 Long Colt and slip one or two into my friend's ammo pile. The look on his face was priceless when he set one of those off. In addition to the smoke and fire they kick like HELL compared to "factory" smokeless powder loads.

I can recall shooting a 44 cal 1860 Army ( Armi San Marco repro ) back in the '70's at 1 gallon paint cans at about 100 yards. I was using the conical bullets rather than the round balls and I was hitting the cans 3 or 4 times out of every six shots. Those guns pack plenty of wallop.

Always thought the 1851 Navy was one of the best looking pistols ever made. Shot a few Walker and Dragoon repro's over the years too. The Walkers suck after they get used some and loosen up. The loading lever drops and locks up the cylinder. That was the big downside to the original gun as well. A 4 1/2lb pistol is load to wag around too.

Wait until one "chain fires" with you, usually doesn't hurt anything, but it is exciting. It can hurt people standing off to the sides of you if it happens because lead is splattering everywhere.

Finally! I knew there had to one among you all.

You'll like this. I started to do Cowboy Action Shooting. There's a club 50 miles from me, and of course if I wanted to travel there's 50 clubs. Plus the bigger shhots a little further. If you don't know about it............They shoot two pistols, rifle, and shotgun. A stage is 5 rounds from each pistol, 10 rounds from rifle, and 6 or 8 rounds from the shotgun. That would be one stage. You then reload and move to the next stage. 6 stages in all. It's a timed event, so speed is important. You need to be accurate too as a miss adds 5 seconds to your time. You shoot metal targets so they can hear the clang. No clang is considered a miss. Some targets are knockdown. No knockdown and it's a miss. Even if you clang the target. Girly loads are in trouble. Usually one target for the shotgun is in the air. The period for guns is 1860- 1899. You also have to dress for the era and take an alias name. Then play that character. I'm still working on that part.
They have many classes that shoot different dress, style of shooting, and choice of guns. I picked the Frontiersman class. It requires two cap and ball pistols shot one handed, and black powder shot in all guns.
There's an unwritten club called the Warthogs that shoot full loads in all guns. Of course I joined. Most people step back when a warthog shoots. I love it. :D

I shoot 30 gr of 3f black powder in my Cimarron/Uberti 1860 pistols with a .457 round ball. Good boom and lots of smoke. Nice kick.

Rifle is a 40gr of 3f black powder in a Cimarrron/Uberti 1866 44/40 with a 225 gr bullet. More boom and more smoke.

Shotgun is a side by side external hammer Uberti. I use 75 gr on 2f black powder. Killer boom and more smoke than should be legal. Way too much fun fo this old man.

I was born 150 years too late.

:D
ginger_cat

Post by ginger_cat »

Daiichidoku wrote:punt guns look like some real fun

1 lb of BB's lol

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6092480881#
These were used in the fenlands of East England (I'm originally a 'fenlander') and I believe that they are still used on occasion (under licence) - I understand that they're still legal in the UK.

Tradition brought back with a bang