Remember in November

ChipznBeer

Re: Remember in November

Post by ChipznBeer »

bearkiller wrote:Pretty good. You know me. Trying to stay out of trouble.

How you doing with that knucklehead you live with? :mrgreen:
Truly....things couldn't be better!!

Wish I could say the same for here..... :lol:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Wullie wrote:LOL,

You performed as expected.

I read it one way, you read it another and say "SO FUCKING WHAT?"

If it is that ambiguous to us, just how do you think it will be interpreted by those that are going to administer it?
those words could only be ambiguous to one with no reading comprehension. They are pretty straightforward,especially for legislative language.
If that mess is allowed to stand, I truly hope that you are right.

It will help help unemployment with all those new IRS agents that are going to help oversee it.
employment is about to take a real hit if Congress allows the stimulus money that has put several thousand unemployed people to gainful work to expire. Missisippi created a few thousand jobs out of it, for instance, and it's unclear whether the folks in that program can even return to collecting unemployment when it's done.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Pudfark wrote:Pudfark sez: to Old Pudfark: " Nope, yer wrong, Wullie got him this time.... "
as I said, the language is clear....it has NOTHING to do with financial records, only with who is the payer for a medical procedure. That refers to INSURERS, no mention whatsoever of bank accounts. Like I said long ago, you boys are either lying for some purpose, or stupid as a box of rocks.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
HappyHappy

Post by HappyHappy »

The only people I know that support that horrid health care bill are a few
distant relitives in neworleans. We the people will repeal that
miserable Liberal manifesto by January. If Osama Obama fails
to sign the repeal it will cost him and his remaining minions their jobs.
A total Republican majority.... Hmmm, now there's real PROGRESS.

HH
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

HappyHappy wrote:The only people I know that support that horrid health care bill are a few
distant relitives in neworleans. We the people will repeal that
miserable Liberal manifesto by January. If Osama Obama fails
to sign the repeal it will cost him and his remaining minions their jobs.
A total Republican majority.... Hmmm, now there's real PROGRESS.

HH
Happy.....I am sure you saw the polling results released today about healthcare. 20% want NO government
involvement in insurance, but 60% wanted coverage for ALL Americans(ie:Medicare from birth to death), and THAT is the real issue as to why the bill is not supported. If the GOP tries to repeal and NOT replace it with a better level of coverage, the public will pay them back in two years. Which, by the way, is pretty much what I expect: The GOP will win the House, and the Senate will still have a narrow Dem majority. After two years of NOT being able to blame everything on Dems and the realization that they have nothing to offer but the same sort of shit that got us to this f-ed up point, the Dems will come back. And, before anyone suggests otherwise, I DON'T think this back and forth swinging is good for the nation. Neither side has shown the honesty to really present solutions and ask for the sacrifice needed. Basically, the US either has to sacrifice across the board, every bit as much as during WWII, or we're all sunk. As I said earlier in the thread, show me one leader that is willing to present such a plan, and I'm all for it. My fear is that the public is too uneducated, lazy and 'entitled' to accept the medicine to cure our ills.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

On a related note, I spoke the other night with a long-time pal, old money from the Deep South. He and I (as one might suspect) differ on politics, but manage to discuss same without losing tempers. His vision for how America ought to work(and his money has been poured of late into Haley Barbour's war chest, among others) is this: No Social Security, No Medicare, very limited welfare, unemployment compensation and Medical or Housing assistance for the disabled. He coupled that with a re-written tax code that carries down to the first dollar earned, with no exceptions,with a top end rate of 35%,no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax. Will his plan(which is the end goal of the GOP) reduce the deficit? You Betcha. Do you all REALLY want to live under those lacks of government involvement? Financially speaking, I'd love it, but socially? Nope, that would be a recipe for disaster.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Is his plan to take away SS and Medicare from the seniors already getting it, or just stop it at this point for others?
Wullie

Post by Wullie »

those words could only be ambiguous to one with no reading comprehension. They are pretty straightforward,especially for legislative language.
Tis a pity than not everyone is blessed with such acuity as you. :roll:

Discounting about a thousand "nay saying copy and paste" websites and blogs, there are still those of us that do not see the written word in that bill as you SO CLEARLY do.

Of course, you're view is the ONLY view.

I try to present that issue in response to your demand and you reply with such shit as
those words could only be ambiguous to one with no reading comprehension.
That is actually funny, in sad and predictable way.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

The only way Barry, might/could get re-elected in 2012 is the repeal of HB 3200. Read the pages Wullie brought to your attention, apply common sense and you will want to be first in line to vote this fall.....Read what Slick has written after Wullis post above and then know Slick for what and who he is, represents. It is as simple as this....read it. Why is Slick trying to tell you what it says? The answer to that is simple...He doesn't want you to read it. The Dem's don't want you to read it. Then ask your self this? Why do Wullie and Pudfark want you to read it?

Old Pudfark sez: " Last Gas 200 miles...Uh, why are you charging me $1,000.00 to tow my car 50 miles?....cuz, you didn't read the sign... "
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Buzz wrote:Is his plan to take away SS and Medicare from the seniors already getting it, or just stop it at this point for others?
NO SS, No Welfare. Period. Some of his peers suggest a nation private contribution plan, with no government obligation, nor any obligation for a citizen to contribute(essentially a national 401k with no match).