Remember in November

CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Re: Remember in November

Post by CUDA »

Agreed. it hard to find a thread worth posting in anymore. it seems that all that goes on here is name calling. people cant even start a joke thread without others pissing on it, just like the DNC and the RNC. its all Bullshit, there is no reason that we cannot discuss Politics without acting like the Politicians themselves.

Discuss Honestly.
Debate Passionately.
Disagree Honorably.
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."

callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:Agreed. it hard to find a thread worth posting in anymore. it seems that all that goes on here is name calling. people cant even start a joke thread without others pissing on it, just like the DNC and the RNC. its all Bullshit, there is no reason that we cannot discuss Politics without acting like the Politicians themselves.

Discuss Honestly.
Debate Passionately.
Disagree Honorably.

seems so freaking simple, doesn't it? I think a component you left out(perhaps covered by Honestly) is, bring real facts to the table if they're called for. Simply claiming that a new vanguard of Communists is being engineered by George Soros, a corporate financier, shows those to claim such as not knowing what they're discussing. Getting the facts straight makes the flow of your three rules work better...... :) I'm not being a wise-ass, either, by saying that. I remember a third party describing me and Flyfish arguing over some point:
"you both agree on the facts completely, and then draw wildly different conclusions". As can happen......

anyway, back to the usual programming. :)

p.s.:I note, with amusement that Wullie, who actually tossed education out there, failed to return with any actual opinion or input. Wullie? Ya out there, dude?
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
CUDA

Post by CUDA »

callmeslick wrote: I think a component you left out(perhaps covered by Honestly) is, bring real facts to the table if they're called for.
Ya thats what I meant by honestly. if your going to debate, bring your facts and be prepared to back them up with sources (multiple)

Ad-hominem attacks are so morose

Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Pudfark wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYfGCMOR ... re=popular

These are the folks...that Slick says....are smarter than you....and will save our country...

Old Pudfark sez: " Yup, the birth of a new nation...whose yer daddy? "
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

I think I see what you mean, Cuda.... :lol:
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
CUDA

Post by CUDA »

;)

CUDA

Post by CUDA »

by me earlier wrote:the same type of issue apply to the left. you cannot legislate a country without taking into account the belief system of a majority of the population and with 76% of the populace calling themselves Christian you need need to at least listen to them.
Slick, I wrote this earlier

here is a prime example, while Piggy backing on Rugg's thread
A new Quinnipiac University poll finds 67 percent of Americans oppose funding abortions with government funds under the government-run health care bill pending in Congress. This is the latest of several recent polls all showing a majority of Americans oppose tax-funded abortions.
and yet we get this from our Government, and in your home state no less. almost 70% of the people are against government funding in this area, yet our illustrious leaders thumb their nose at a majority of the populace, here we have the left legislating against the will of the people,
Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- The Obama administration has officially approved the first instance of taxpayer funded abortions under the new national government-run health care program. This is the kind of abortion funding the pro-life movement warned about when Congress considered the bill.

The Obama Administration will give Pennsylvania $160 million to set up a new "high-risk" insurance program under a provision of the federal health care legislation enacted in March
FYI, I am not trying to make this a pro or con Abortion debate. I've been in enough of those over the years and everyone has turned into a vitriolic pissing match

callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:A new Quinnipiac University poll finds 67 percent of Americans oppose funding abortions with government funds under the government-run health care bill pending in Congress. This is the latest of several recent polls all showing a majority of Americans oppose tax-funded abortions.....and yet we get this from our Government, and in your home state no less. almost 70% of the people are against government funding in this area, yet our illustrious leaders thumb their nose at a majority of the populace, here we have the left legislating against the will of the people,
Will of the people versus the US Supreme Court in Roe v. Wade. That is one thing which I'm sure you understand, but others forget about: our system bends over backwards to protect the rights and priviliges of the minority in all matters of opinion. The Supreme Court is the ultimate arbitor in that regard. Beyond that, I really avoid the abortion debate, as a male, I feel it isn't my matter to settle.
CUDA

Post by CUDA »

callmeslick wrote:
CUDA wrote:A new Quinnipiac University poll finds 67 percent of Americans oppose funding abortions with government funds under the government-run health care bill pending in Congress. This is the latest of several recent polls all showing a majority of Americans oppose tax-funded abortions.....and yet we get this from our Government, and in your home state no less. almost 70% of the people are against government funding in this area, yet our illustrious leaders thumb their nose at a majority of the populace, here we have the left legislating against the will of the people,
Will of the people versus the US Supreme Court in Roe v. Wade. That is one thing which I'm sure you understand, but others forget about: our system bends over backwards to protect the rights and priviliges of the minority in all matters of opinion. The Supreme Court is the ultimate arbitor in that regard. Beyond that, I really avoid the abortion debate, as a male, I feel it isn't my matter to settle.
Your missing the point. this is not about legalized abortion. that is about our government funding sed abortion against the will of the people. that has nothing to do with legal or not legal, and the government CAN follow the will of the people on this issue. again I do not want this to turn into that debate. my point is the government is legislation against the will of the majority.

nicolas10

Post by nicolas10 »

I don't really know what there is to debate about abortion.

Just look at HH and puffpuff if you need convincing that abortion should be legal at worst, an compulsory at best :D