Stocks are having their worst week in 2 years!

Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Stocks are having their worst week in 2 years!

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

The Dow dropped 600 points ... just today. The S&P dropped as well.

Say, didn't Trump have his SOTU speech this week? 8-)
callmeslick

Re: Stocks are having their worst week in 2 years!

Post by callmeslick »

this IS the Trump economy kicking in, as expected. At my annual meeting, it was assumed domestic stocks would sell off around 10-15% in the coming 6 months, so this week seems about right. What has happened is this: First, as I've been noting, the value of the dollar has been plummetting. This is not due to any reason past loss of global confidence in the stability and reliability of the US. Thus, when Cheetolini kept doubling down, and this year's bond auctions started up, the bottom dropped out altogether due to paltry demand and lack of interest in the Fed buying any more bonds. Thus, the interest rates shot towards 3%(nearly TRIPLE what they averaged under Obama), adding to the cost of any loan. Since some risky types have been borrowing to buy into the markets, their costs just tripled, and that should kill demand there, too. Further, it will depress growth in the slowly healing housing markets, and moreover, make paying down the national debt, to which the Republicans have been piling deficits onto for no reason, more difficult. Note to our Republcian friends: it's ok to run a deficit in a time of dire need, but 6 years into an economic recovery, slashing taxes(revenues) and spending like the desperate for re-election frauds you are, is a recipe for disaster.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Say, didn't the Demtards get caught trying to overthrow the legitimate U.S. Government today? 8-)
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

no, they didn't. That would be the fools who thought their memo, with vague assertions that have been proven false all day. They failed. Back to the Trump Economy, try to stay on topic, Pud.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:46 pm this IS the Trump economy kicking in, as expected. At my annual meeting, it was assumed domestic stocks would sell off around 10-15% in the coming 6 months, so this week seems about right. What has happened is this: First, as I've been noting, the value of the dollar has been plummetting. This is not due to any reason past loss of global confidence in the stability and reliability of the US. Thus, when Cheetolini kept doubling down, and this year's bond auctions started up, the bottom dropped out altogether due to paltry demand and lack of interest in the Fed buying any more bonds. Thus, the interest rates shot towards 3%(nearly TRIPLE what they averaged under Obama), adding to the cost of any loan. Since some risky types have been borrowing to buy into the markets, their costs just tripled, and that should kill demand there, too. Further, it will depress growth in the slowly healing housing markets, and moreover, make paying down the national debt, to which the Republicans have been piling deficits onto for no reason, more difficult. Note to our Republcian friends: it's ok to run a deficit in a time of dire need, but 6 years into an economic recovery, slashing taxes(revenues) and spending like the desperate for re-election frauds you are, is a recipe for disaster.
The trickle down effect is already showing it's ugly face on the global market.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

lol...you 'tards need to 'stick' with yer bitcoins....yer way over yer head in the stock market and may hurt yerselves....lol
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

no, Trump is WAY over his head in real financial dealings. He's going to own this drop, completely, as he is responsible for it, completely.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Dow drops 1,597 points.
Nasdaq down 4%.
S&P 500 down 8%.

Thanks Trump :evil:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

.....kind of glad I have some hedges built in, because the Trump rally cost me 96 grand today!
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

lololol^^^^^^lololol and then there's the Euro and Asian markets....lolololol

I tried to steer ya to bitcoin...lololol...geez, I'm hurtin myself today laughing...

Old Pudfark sez: " Yer culprit is Schiff...and I hope ya 'hang' with him....until yer 'dead broke'.... ;) "