Paul Ryan not to run for re-election

callmeslick

Paul Ryan not to run for re-election

Post by callmeslick »

Now, some of you foreigners might not grasp HOW big a deal this is, so I'll lay it out:

1. As Speaker of the House of Representatives, he is the third most powerful person in the Government.
2. He is in direct succession to the Presidency behind President and Vice Pres.
3. As long as his party holds the majority, the job is essentially his, very similar to a Prime Minister, as long as he wins his seat.
4. Ryan is a young, politically ambitious man, compared to most in National Politics
5. Ryan is very conservative, just not crazy, like the Tea Party nutbags he has been trying to keep in line.

Thus, what he clearly must see coming is/are:

1. His party is going to lose, huge in November. His polls are WAY better than the public ones, trust me.
2. HE might even lose his seat. His home state barely went Trump in 2016, likely one of the core Russian targets. Right
now, the voters of Wisconsin are pretty fucking angry at Trump, and the Republcan party.
3. He has been getting close to actual criminal obstruction of justice by just trying to do his job, and be a good party soldier.

So, what does this mean, writ large? The last dam holding back Crazy Creek(the Tea Party extremists) has been broken. Between now and November, the entire nation will get to see these fruitcakes, unrestrained by party leadership, on full nutty display. The GOP is going to get beaten like a cheap rug........
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Paul Ryan not to run for re-election

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Watch your 401K's you Merricans ... the shit is going to go full stupid!