Is Austin, TX

Morbid Jester

Re: Is Austin, TX

Post by Morbid Jester »

Brad_kc wrote:do you expect people to be living in a city that big to be like country folk ?
Nope, I just keep thinking how Texas is always equaled with over sized belt buckles, cowboy boots and -hats and an armed populace - pretty much like Germany is most likely to be described by Neuschwanstein, Lederhosen and Oktoberfest, wit some Autobahn thrown in for good measure.
Haven't been down to Houston, where this seems to be more frequent.

I found it funny that Austin was so unlike the stereotypical "Texas", that is all. Very relaxed and -well- weird in a cool way.
Thanks for the tips about 5th/6th street btw.. I had the chance to go down there on a weekday night and can only imagine the place thrumming on a Saturday night.
Twitter is an inevitable phenomenon of the generation ADS & SMS: Too lazy for a complete letter, too stupid for a complete sentence and too "cool" for the proper use of grammar.
Wullie

Post by Wullie »

Very relaxed and -well- weird in a cool way.
weird is very appropriate. Whether that shithole is cool or not is your call.

I think if they were gonna give Texas an enema, it would be a toss up between Houston and Austin as to where to stick the nozzle.
Crusty

Post by Crusty »

oH JOY....ReDnEcK n00b? an shit :arrow: :lol:
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

I liked Austin. It's not Tejas but it's a nice town.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

the idea that some place as large as the state of Texas is going to be all the same, with folks thinking and acting identically is comical. Then again, I've seen folks generalize in similar fashion about 'all Americans', or 'all Muslims' or 'all Europeans', so I shouldn't be surprised in the least.

oh, and running with wullies visual, if you DID give Texas an enema, it would be shitting ignorant nutcases who think they represent the 'real America', probably 2 to 1 over any other sort of more reasonable folks.
:twisted:
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
ginger_cat

Post by ginger_cat »

callmeslick has given me hope yet again.
callmeslick wrote:the idea that some place as large as the state of Texas is going to be all the same, with folks thinking and acting identically is comical... :twisted:
I'd go so far as to say that people living in the same street as me would be offended if someone was going to attribute to them my politics/religion/morals...

...but then, chavs are easily offended :lol:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

:lol:
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
TX-Thunderbolt

Post by TX-Thunderbolt »

Lived all over Texas. High School in San Antonio, A stint in Lubbock (now THAT is an armpit...fosho), Dallas/FT. Worth and, yes, got a degree from UT in Austin.

What then?
Jumoschwanz

Post by Jumoschwanz »

Austin Texas is the only town in Texas with any brains or balls. It was kept out of the media, but Austin was the first and only town in the United States that voted not to recognize the Patriot Act! God bless them and the USA.