Is Austin, TX

Morbid Jester

Is Austin, TX

Post by Morbid Jester »

Actually Texas?

I stayed for almost one week and I have not seen anybody wearing a cowboy hat or carrying a firearm in public.

I mean WTF?
I want my stereotypes to be fulfilled goddammit..... :mrgreen:
Twitter is an inevitable phenomenon of the generation ADS & SMS: Too lazy for a complete letter, too stupid for a complete sentence and too "cool" for the proper use of grammar.
DKoor

Re: Is Austin, TX

Post by DKoor »

callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

most Texans would disavow Austin as part of the state...... :)
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Wullie

Post by Wullie »

callmeslick wrote:most Texans would disavow Austin as part of the state...... :)
I'll be damned, callmeslick finally said something I can agree with.

No open carry law in TX. Keeps you guessing as to who is actually carrying a gun since we do have concealed carry.

As for the hats? They're for the tourists and the truck drivers.

Real cowboys won't be caught within 100 miles of that yuppy infested shithole.
Last edited by Wullie on Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brad_kc

Post by Brad_kc »

do you expect people to be living in a city that big to be like country folk ?
fatman

Post by fatman »

Wullie wrote:No open carry law in TX.
Thats is really disappointing :cry:
And say what ever happened to that dude who opened carried to Obamas town hall meeting thing id he get any blowback from that?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Brad_kc wrote:do you expect people to be living in a city that big to be like country folk ?

personally, I like Austin just fine. It's just that, culturally speaking, Austin isn't like the rest of Texas.
And, I am referring to big cities in Texas, such as Dallas/Ft.Worth and Houston. As much as it would
pain Wullie, IMHO, all of Texas should be as culturally savvy and cool as Austin. Reality dictates
otherwise, however.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

fatman wrote:
Wullie wrote:
And say what ever happened to that dude who opened carried to Obamas town hall meeting thing id he get any blowback from that?

actually, Fatman, there were three of them(in New Hampshire). Two were perfectly legal by NH state
laws, and nothing happened to them. The third wasn't licensed to own, let alone carry. He didn't get
into the meeting and might well be looking a serious time at the state's expense.
fatman

Post by fatman »

callmeslick wrote:
fatman wrote:
Wullie wrote:

actually, Fatman, there were three of them(in New Hampshire). Two were perfectly legal by NH state
laws, and nothing happened to them. The third wasn't licensed to own, let alone carry. He didn't get
into the meeting and might well be looking a serious time at the state's expense.
3 of them didnt hear that, but i knew open carry was legal i was wondering what the ss thought of it have they given them a hard time during or after the event? Im sure there would have been a few cross hairs between their eyes
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

fatman wrote: i knew open carry was legal i was wondering what the ss thought of it have they given them a hard time during or after the event? Im sure there would have been a few cross hairs between their eyes

yeah, I figure the two allowed in were known to Secret Service personnel(they have to have metal
detectors and other security in place for any Presidential venue). Cross-hairs? Maybe, but you might
be surprised.....I've seen the SS do setup for a public place. They've been through the building, and
have a profile of the overall expected population in advance. For all I know, they might have been more
focused on folks entirely separate from two guys who have gone to the trouble to legally obtain and
carry. Common sense may place those two very low on my radar, unless there were some evidence of
ill intent.