the Elephant in the Room

Deliberation. Discourse. Discussion. Debate.
Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: callmeslick

Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: the Eleohant in the Room

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

fatman wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:53 am
Reservoir_Dog wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:45 pm As our boy was growing up I often said to him, "Go into the trades. Become a plumber, or an electrician, or a bricklayer, or H.V.A.C. You'll never get rich, but you'll always have a job."
There are just some things that can't be automated.
I deal with the plumbing trade here and if you have your head screwewd on right its pretty much impossible to not become rich if i had my time again i would go that route, and look at automation with safeway and coles with self serve checkouts that kids and adults out of work right there thats just a start.
I hate those fucking automated checkouts. If they don't have humans at the checkouts I go someplace else.
callmeslick

Re: the Elephant in the Room

Post by callmeslick »

you'll be close to shit out of luck in a decade, Res, so try to ease into the idea. Amazon may be about 5 years from drones delivering groceries to your door, or for pickup at the nearest Amazon grocery outlet. At the point they can do that profitably, human labor will be a quaint bygone for little mom and pop shops, but for mass consumption? Oh, us old folks will grouse about how it used to be, but, it will happen, on a massive scale, and will go past mere self-check out. It will be self order, automated sorting and delivery.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
ChipznBeer

Post by ChipznBeer »

That is a very twilight zone way of thinking.
Think about it....they were never far off....in most cases.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

in the VERY near future, creativity will be the marketable skillset. Want to prepare the kiddoes? Encourage drawing, story-telling, music, etc. I'm not the only one saying this:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersa ... li=BBnbfcL
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
fatman

Re: the Eleohant in the Room

Post by fatman »

Reservoir_Dog wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:42 am
I hate those fucking automated checkouts. If they don't have humans at the checkouts I go someplace else.
Yeah lets not start grinding gears on this and i went up to shoppo today to get something and stopped in at safeway look at what they are doing now at the manned registers they dont even touch the bags anymore they just fill and spin :evil:

ChipznBeer

Post by ChipznBeer »

:cry: