Trump's censorship of the media begins in earnest.

Deliberation. Discourse. Discussion. Debate.
Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: callmeslick

Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Trump's censorship of the media begins in earnest.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

This is how it starts, folks.
If I was an American I'd be getting nervous right about now.
Outlets seeking to gain entry whose requests were denied included the Guardian, the New York Times, Politico, CNN, BuzzFeed, the BBC, the Daily Mail and others. Conservative publications such as Breitbart News, the One America News Network and the Washington Times were allowed into the meeting, as well as TV networks CBS, NBC, Fox and ABC. The Associated Press and Time were invited but boycotted the briefing.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ean-spicer
callmeslick

Re: Trump's censorship of the media begins in earnest.

Post by callmeslick »

don't know what they were thinking.....it isn't like it was successful strategy. More dumbass shit. They still can't get past around 38% support, and thus no way the majority accepts their view of the press. Meanwhile, most of those banned outlets are coincidentally drawing the noose tight on both Russian ties and the coverup and meddling with independant intelligence agencies. The exact sort of conspiracy that ended up as Nixon's first charge in the Impeachment bill.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

What's really telling is that The Guardian, BBC and The Daily Mail aren't even American news organizations. Heck, The Daily Mail even leans conservative. Trump's White House is now banning foreign news organizations from White House press briefings. You're probably right in that it's in retaliation for their ongoing coverage of the Russian ties and the White House's attempt to manipulate the F.B.I.

Trump's White House is trying to manipulate who you get your information from. That's pretty scary, dude.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

trying is frightening, succeeding would be profoundly depressing. Like I say, so far, in the real world I don't see them succeeding, only destroying what shred of credibility they have. It's like they are daring 2018 to be a wave election.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:03 pmIt's like they are daring 2018 to be a wave election.
Can you imagine it. The guy who is so emotionally thin skinned that the fact that he lost the popular vote keeps him up at night will face a wave election.
He'll denounce the results as being rigged and anyone who reports the results will be accused of publishing fake news.
Then he'll shut down the media and send his stormtroppers into the streets to restore "order".