So here's what I'm wondering...

Deliberation. Discourse. Discussion. Debate.
Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: callmeslick

ChipznBeer

So here's what I'm wondering...

Post by ChipznBeer »

Last week the USA had Presidents' Day off on the Monday and most of Canada had Family Day off on the Monday.
And that meant we could all stay up late on the Sunday as we would have the choice of sleeping in the next day.
So why didn't they switch the date and celebrate the Academy Awards last Sunday night instead of tonight?
Now, as usual, they will run late, everyone will get to bed late (or in my case fall asleep trying to watch it, missing the most important awards ;)) and in turn will get up grumpy tomorrow due to a lack of sleep, or sleep in and be late for work.
(for those that watch the Oscars that is)
callmeslick

Re: So here's what I'm wondering...

Post by callmeslick »

dunno why, frankly. Not one to watch that crap but apparently missed a rather major mess-up in voting results.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Family Day in Canada has only been around for a decade. And I really don't think the Merricans take it into account anyhow.
And having the Oscars on a Sunday night is really no different than having Sunday and Monday night football.

I also heard that the Merricans had to cancel their version of Family Day because folks from the south thought it was a day off for them to stay home and have a gang bang.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

that's pretty much a weekend thing around here, too, Res. ;)

Oh, and I'm pretty sure the Acadamy doesn't consider Canadians at all when planning anything past tax breaks for filming there.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
ChipznBeer

Post by ChipznBeer »

Well problem solved....sort of.
Sunday I PVR'd it but still watched the first hour live, then went to sleep.
On Monday night I watched the rest of it, of course I fell asleep doing so.....lol