Automation

Deliberation. Discourse. Discussion. Debate.
Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: callmeslick

callmeslick

Re: Automation

Post by callmeslick »

well, that wasn't my worry, really wasn't pertinent, Pud, but I'll leave it up because it was sort of a funny post to come home to! :D
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

had that one on my FB wall for a week. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

What are your thoughts on this idea, Slick?

http://www.barrons.com/articles/a-unive ... yptr=yahoo
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

getting ready for a ballgame(hosted by the money managers, so no cheap seats like I buy!!), but looks like precisely what I've been pitching. Adoption of Universal Income is going to require A LOT of folks to rethink rigid ideology, or face societal chaos.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

interesting, I was chatting at the bar setup at the ballpark suite with the featured presenter. He'll be appearing live on CNBC this morning, and before I got a chance to interject my fears about our nation heading towards a nouveau feudal economy, the guy states this to me, "most people in the US under the age of 25 have been born into indentured servitude and just don't know it yet". I opined that while the reality may be true, it wasn't the ticket to either long term investment stability or social stability in the society.
HappyHappy

Post by HappyHappy »

Lemmie see, you have been trashed, defeated and embarrassed.
And you still whine about progress.....

Your idea that automation is going to hurt anyone is totally moronic.

But you (after having your ass handed to you dozens of times) continue to argue the point.

Rather silly really.

We are not EVER going to agree.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

care to bring facts to that post above before I delete it for lacking anything except off topic vitrol?No one is 'whining about progress' here, we are trying to keep a civil society in a state of acceptance of that very progress. Many in your camp are literally denying that progress at every turn: Stick with fossil fuels, no government seed money for science, etc. I know good and damned well that the Automation Revolution is going to happen. I actually feel that it will be here far sooner with far more overall impact on day to day life than most imagine. I also understand how Wealth Managers are licking their chops over it, because the profit margins will leap astronomically eventually. What I am trying to get is how do the other 90% of the population eat, clothe and house themselves. How do we manage education when only the absolute brightest and most creative are going to be needed for the high-salaried part of the workforce? I have a lot of questions. That isn't whining, it's called attempting to get some foresight. You might wish to take that approach a bit more, Happy.....good shit tends to ensue.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:24 pm I also understand how Wealth Managers are licking their chops over it, because the profit margins will leap astronomically eventually.
If, what I quoted above, you believe....then it negates everything else you said.
You better hope for robots/automation to protect you....real people won't.

Old Pudfark sez: " Skynet....do what the nice robot tells you... "
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

it will be just fine, Pud. :roll: