Automation

Deliberation. Discourse. Discussion. Debate.
Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: callmeslick

Pudfark

Re: Automation

Post by Pudfark »

Well, Slick as the champion of the working poor...and over paying basic non-thinking labor twice what they're worth...you get this:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/06/2 ... ng-kiosks/
HappyHappy

Post by HappyHappy »

remember the bit about ad hominems with no real contribution, which I pointed out already tonight?? Wise the fuck up.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Pudfark wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:48 pm Well, Slick as the champion of the working poor...and over paying basic non-thinking labor twice what they're worth...you get this:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/06/2 ... ng-kiosks/
you're proving my point, though, Pud. We've gone way past minimum wage for human labor and are going to have to either consider a national minimum stipend for every citizen or family unit, or something, otherwise choosing a pretty hellish existence for the citizenry, and that goes for both sides of the economic divide. Note, Mickey D's(who I couldn't imagine could fuck up a hamburger much more with or without humans} stock shot up after the robots started serving the fries. Who makes out? The workers? Of course not. The investors and core executives? Ya think? You see, you are throwing up a bogus, outdated strawman. Even with no minimum wage, how low are you willing to let the workforce sink in pay to compete with that projected profit margins and productivity? What's the point of working in the US for, say $1.25 per hour? Or less? Nope, Pud, we're sailing into uncharted waters, in terms of definition of human value, in terms of economic realities. Throughout history, the 'rich' have held outsize power to their numbers. Folks joined and got booted from that group, but there has been a fair bit of continuity. Never, however, have they held, essentially ALL the cards. The peasants could revolt and fuck up production. Workers could form unions and strike, and again, costs were inflicted that cut into sheer profit margins, examples abound. When the 5% or so control both the capital for, the infrastructure for and the mechanized labor force for virtually all major human endeavors, and control 95% of the natural resources, where do we go, then?? The way I see it, seeking a sort of shared benefit for more people is going to be more peaceful than the alternative.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Read that wall of text....I'll be kinder to you. You can't buy people and you can't buy peace, especially when it ain't fer sale. History is full of examples....you can take it, people and peace, but you gonna have to fight them for it. :ugeek:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

you are fighting that battle unarmed and don't realize it. Yes, you can buy people. History shows that. Hell, the Acting President of the US proves that.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

oh, and in this day and age about 50 years after we have consistently ignored Eisenhower's warnings, you have no real freedom. It's starting to look like Kris Kristofferson had the definiton of Freedom about right, in America(although my wife firmly believes Janis Joplin sang it better). So that's been sold to the high bidders, too.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:52 am you are fighting that battle unarmed and don't realize it. Yes, you can buy people. History shows that. Hell, the Acting President of the US proves that.
How long did that workout for your family buying slaves? So, you advocate that again? Or, is yer point, that if the Government does it, it's OK?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Pudfark wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:03 am [How long did that workout for your family buying slaves?
from 1680 to 1814.....that would be 134 years by my count. Not that it is pertinent. We have plenty of what are essentially indentured servants from Sea to Shining Sea to this day. That is my point.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

The only indentured servants in this country are under military contract...as they must be.[/quote]
you may wish to talk with contract truckers and some of the folks working the docks, for better details.
Back to subject at hand.....you say you have the right to buy people, make choices for them and you expect them to kiss the ring...good luck with that and be sure to count yer fingers afterwards..... :lol:
Trump does it with you, and offers ZERO benefits. It's freaking EASY. Although, that is not my goal, nor my point in this thread. My point is that we have a lot of rethinking about how to run a nation and society, and it better be done soon or the lot of us are fucked. Neither political entity is facing the reality. They want to talk about more good paying jobs. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHA!! Like that is going to be happening. :roll:
HappyHappy

Post by HappyHappy »

callmeslick wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:52 am you are fighting that battle unarmed and don't realize it. Yes, you can buy people. History shows that. Hell, the Acting President of the US proves that.

You are not only un armed but you lack ANY historical
precedence in your over blown claims.

VERY few people have been permanently put out of work
by advances in tech or automation. We learn new jobs
or simply eliminated by the crush of time.

Truth is you are parroting the Demo hard line and trying to defend it at all costs.

But I already realize you are utterly stupid. Just a Parrot. (I apologize to all Parrots for this comment)

You have a long history of slavery in your past.
As member of the party of the KKK and the party of McClellan
you still display a condescending attitude towards others
especially (but not confined to) those of differing opinion.
Last edited by HappyHappy on Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.