The adults seem to be coming in to clean up

Deliberation. Discourse. Discussion. Debate.
Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: callmeslick

callmeslick

The adults seem to be coming in to clean up

Post by callmeslick »

....at least on foreign affairs and national security. First, the Senate Intel Committee demonstrated how to be professional, and somewhat bipartisan when it comes to foreign threats to the nation. Then, it now seems clear, McMaster has flexed his muscle as he watched Amateur night continue at the NSC while threats around the world and internally grew. He is, most likely, the single most powerful man in all of DC, and he is smart enough to know it, when it comes to security matters. If he quits, the Trump admin becomes a very visible disaster potentially threatening the nation via sheer incompetence. I think we may see more changes at NSC. Today, finally, Nunes was forced out of his role in the House Intelligence Committee's investigation. I think that means the Chair goes to Trey Gowdy, who was the most restrained, non-partisan and unwilling to go for smokescreens that I've seen of him, when interviewed on all the networks yesterday(maybe knew today's announcement was coming). Showed little tolerance for any suggestion that Ms Rice broke any laws, for instance, and kept coming back to the Russian focus. We shall see, but it does seem a bit reassuring.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: The adults seem to be coming in to clean up

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Are they bringing in the grown ups or are they just being pro active and replacing all the people who are going to be going to jail?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

probably a bit of overlap, but what seems to be going on is a lightweight tug-of-war between Kushner and Bannon, which Bannon is losing(if he hasn't out and out lost), and McMaster looking at the real world and saying, 'Enough'. It will be interesting to see the level of partisanship on the investigative committees, especially the Senate after the Gorsuch vote.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^more fake news^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

how so, Pud?
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Total crap....no source....no nothing but a hopeless whining guess...and as such and weeks later, still nothing.

Now here's a little something....with some info:

Donald Trump Announces 20 Percent Import Tax on Canadian Softwood Lumber

President Donald Trump announced that he wanted a 20 percent tax on softwood lumber coming from Canada, telling conservative media he thought the country was treating Canada “very unfairly.”

“We’re going to be putting a 20% tax on softwood lumber coming in — tariff on softwood coming into the United States from Canada,” Trump announced during a meeting with conservative journalists. He also signaled he wanted action on Canadian dairy products as well.

“We’re going to start doing lumber in our country, it’s going to mean that farmers are going to start selling milk in our country,” Trump said.

The president’s decision is the latest sign that he will keep his promises on trade deal negotiations.

A senior administration trade official said that the issue was a “long simmering problem” with Canada, pointing out that they get cheap lumber from federally-owned timber and sell it at subsidized rates.

8-) yet again, prophetic...
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

well, in a 5 year span when I am selling softwood(pine) that was badly in need of cutting for the health of the tree plantations, I was tickled pink to read that. You are right, what I wrote is opinion. Fake News is not opinion, it is deliberately presenting false information as actual fact. Definitions matter.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:20 am what I wrote is opinion. Fake News is not opinion, it is deliberately presenting false information as actual fact. Definitions matter.
You just went about 20,000 miles over Pud's head.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Reservoir_Dog wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:38 pm
callmeslick wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:20 am what I wrote is opinion. Fake News is not opinion, it is deliberately presenting false information as actual fact. Definitions matter.
You just went about 20,000 miles over Pud's head.
lol....'soft wood' opinion. lol....please enclose yer 20% tax.
Should be amusing to see what ya pay...to pipe yer oil?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Pudfark wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:14 pm Should be amusing to see what ya pay...to pipe yer oil?
careful what you wish for big guy. I'm sure the Chinese would build them a pipeline west(Far Shorter, but obviously geographic challenges) for next to nothing, in return for a discount that ends up being a win-win for Canada and China. Leaving a few US investors holding their nuts.