Are we about to see a massive war front?

Deliberation. Discourse. Discussion. Debate.
Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: callmeslick

callmeslick

Are we about to see a massive war front?

Post by callmeslick »

I can see a worst case scenario wherein Cheeto Hitler just managed to set off a hot war zone stretching from Eqypt(maybe as far west as Libya) to Afghanistan that will be a mix of Sunni/Shia tribalism meets Western, maybe global power asperations. Not pretty. Not cheap. No real deep thoughts, links or anything else, but let's make this the 'What the Fuck is Happening in Syria and beyond' thread.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Re: Are we about to see a massive war front?

Post by Pudfark »

Obama threatened Syria and drew a red line.
Assad crossed that line with impunity for years.
Obama did nothing...other'n draw another lyin.
Assad crossed the lyin/line again....Trump spanked him, in front of the world
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Pudfark wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:32 pm Obama threatened Syria and drew a red line.
you are conveniently leaving some things out:
1. When presented with the military option, and paying for it, Congress declined to even take a vote. Ball-less cowards.
2. The State Dept managed to cobble together international resolve, with some Russian help, to get rid of nerve agents. It worked until Tillerson
chose to give a very public green light to Assad to stay in power no matter what.

now, this is where we pay a price for the combination of a completely gutted State Dept and collection of nitwits under the Capitol Dome.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Just read that Russia is going to beef up Assad's air defenses. This shit is going to get hot. Fast.
Also read that Russia may have been involved with the chemical attack. :shock:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

According to post-attack surveillance, the US missiles
killed 6 people,
destroyed a training facility,
a material storage depot,
a canteen,
six MiG-23 aircraft in repair hangars
and a radar station.
The airbase’s runway, taxiways and many more aircraft on the parking apron remained undamaged.
Only 23 out of 59 tomahawk missiles reached their target,
at a total cost of $93,810,000
without consulting Congress

at what long-term cost? Toss in, and this may be off topic, the description, by defectors, of a North Korean leader ready to launch nukes at a mere perception of threat. Can reckless use of force against a chemical attack be seen as such? Time will tell, but Americans had better be ready to pony up because this all could get real spendy, real quick.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

by the way, I had a link for that summary, plus some photos to go with it. The link to the site went down two hours after release of info and assessment and has not returned. Now, I can't verify if that was a valid assessment, but if so, whether it gets hidden from us or not, other nations will have that assessment available. Not too frightening a scenario with that target hit rate, and puzzling as hell if you intend to actually deter anything. It's almost as if maybe Putin let Trump have a wag the dog moment.......nah, never happen, right? And if, at the end of the day, Russia has unquestioned control over Syria and the immediate region? All the better, Comrade Trump.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:42 pm
Pudfark wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:32 pm Obama threatened Syria and drew a red line.
you are conveniently leaving some things out:
1. When presented with the military option, and paying for it, Congress declined to even take a vote. Ball-less cowards.
2. The State Dept managed to cobble together international resolve, with some Russian help, to get rid of nerve agents. It worked until Tillerson
chose to give a very public green light to Assad to stay in power no matter what.

now, this is where we pay a price for the combination of a completely gutted State Dept and collection of nitwits under the Capitol Dome.
:) you are conveniently leaving some things out:

Rice, Kerry and Obama all stated that Syria had no more Chemical weapons...thanks to their efforts and....the Russians. The three aforementioned 'stooges' have proven themselves to be liars, incompetents and two of them are criminals.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

no, those people NEVER said anything past the HOPE that the Russians would live up to the promise. Please, try to refrain from calling people criminals with ZERO proof.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

deleted, follow the rules.

how's green work for you?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

so now we are sending a carrier group to North Korea, to do what? It will suck to live in Japan and South Korea. Won't be too bad here until the nuclear cloud drifts. This is what happens when you have no infrastructure to deal with things. Military might without a diplomatic corps is useless.