Bring back coal?

Deliberation. Discourse. Discussion. Debate.
Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: callmeslick

callmeslick

Bring back coal?

Post by callmeslick »

or even Drill Baby Drill??? No way. Economics will drive energy policy. Just watch.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/ ... li=BBnbfcN
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
HappyHappy

Re: Bring back coal?

Post by HappyHappy »

King Coal!

It fuels America.

Coal even helped defeat Hitlery.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

HappyHappy wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:33 am King Coal!

It fuels America.

Coal even helped defeat Hitlery.
except, it doesn't fuel America. Hasn't for a few decades. I just read an article about how WIND is making Texas Crude and also gas-fired plants unprofitable down in Texas. Times are a changing, and certainly celebrating the fact that we now have an incompetent person in the White House isn't a selling point.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

^^^^^^^You heard WRONG Slick^^^^^^ Geezus, where do you get yer info? Wind is at least 4-5 times more expensive than coal. Ask T.Boone Pickens.....

T. Boone Pickens: 'I've Lost My A--' in Wind Power - 'The Jobs Are in the Oil and Gas Industry'

"Oilman T. Boone Pickens made a statement on MSNBC's Morning Joe Wednesday that should make every green jobs advocate including Barack Obama, Al Gore, and Van Jones sit up and take notice."

"I've lost my a--" in wind power. This came moments after he said, "The jobs are in the oil and gas industry in the United States"

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/noe ... il-and-gas

then here's this lil dab...can't be leaving the canookians out:
For Pickens, Wind Claim May Be Last Power Play

"But Mesa Power’s loss in Ontario was also personal — the projects would have been the cornerstone of a wind energy business that he extolled back home in the United States and that ultimately failed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/16/busi ... -play.html

Old Pudfark sez: " It's no wonder you folks lose so many elections.... "
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Pud, RIGHT NOW, as in THIS VERY MINUTE, your state has a bunch of wind farms on the gulf that have driven electricity prices so low that 5 gas powered generation stations have been shelved. So, you can cite T Boone Pickens(one shifty motherfucker, by the way) all you wish. I read the numbers that are published in the financial press.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Where's yer link?
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

I did a light google...for ya. Out in bum phuck no where gulf coast of texas....no major towns, not near any electric generation stations...once upon a time...they put in a windmill to supplement oil/gas production. :lol:

There are few viable options for wind energy....the north pole, middle of the sahara desert...or anywhere in uncivilization there is no other source of power....like the middle of no where.

Old Pudfark sez: " No where...the only viable place for wind driven energy... "
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

not arguing that your Gulf Coast isn't a perfect situation for efficiency in wind, just noting how much energy is being produced. And how quickly even a petroleum based economy like Texas will drop hydrocarbons when the price is right. Solar is plummetting in price now, too, and that is more universal than wind in utility. No, I'm not arguing that nat gas or even petroleum usage for energy production will go away soon, but they are going that way. And coal? Give me a break. NO ONE thinks that comes back to any degree from where it stands now. Petrochem will still be extracted for industrial product manufacturing(raw materials for plastics).
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Bring back coal?

While you're at it, why not bring back steam locomotives and the Pony Express.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

I'm big on whale oil. Make New Bedford and Nantucket great again!!