Preseason NFL picks

The New England Patriots suck! Discuss.
callmeslick

Preseason NFL picks

Post by callmeslick »

ok, I know I'm a couple days late, given that the Vikes and Saints played Thursday, but......

for the record--

Super Bowl Champion will be the Baltimore Ravens. No team, in recent memory, has done more to shore up their weaknesses without noticeable losses elsewhere.

Runner up(NFC champs)-Green Bay Packers.

That said, I'm still rooting for the Pats to the bitter end. :)
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Preseason NFL picks

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

The Packers and Ravens will be a Super Bowl for the ages!

The only teams out there that have a chance of fucking that up.......the Saints and the Texans. (that's right...I said the Texans)
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

having watched week 1, don't count my Pats out. They have to be #1 in the power rankings after taking Cinci apart.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

If the Pats had a running game or a defense of any caliber I'd make them a top 8 team......it's a shame they have neither.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Reservoir_Dog wrote:If the Pats had a running game or a defense of any caliber I'd make them a top 8 team......it's a shame they have neither.
you haven't watched either the pre-season, or last week, huh? They have Fred Taylor along with 3 other runners who have been doing about 100 yards per game, and the defense(which, I'll admit, seemed a bit lacking in physical play) teed off on Cinci. All of the Bengals scoring essentially came after the score was
31-3.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

If the Pat's easily dismantle the Jets tomorrow perhaps I'll become a believer. And if they do, the AFC East could become a pretty boring division this year.

I'm smelling a few upsets this week.
I like Chicago's chances against Dallas. A High School squad could get through Dallas' O line this year. Did you see the game last week? I don't think Romo took a 5 step drop the entire game.
I like Seattle to beat Denver. The Hawks are coming off an amazing, big time upset over San Fran and Pete Carroll can motivate better than any coach in the league. Not to mention that Hasselbeck is fully healthy for the first time in forever.
Can my Skins do it twice in a row? Upset Dallas and the Texans? I think this game will be a lot closer than people think. The team who has the ball with 2 minutes left will probably win this one.
I like the Giants over Indy in the "Manning Bowl". Boy, Indy's D looked just plain awful last week. And the Giants have a much better front line.
Oh, and did I mention the Jets?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Reservoir_Dog wrote:If the Pat's easily dismantle the Jets tomorrow perhaps I'll become a believer. And if they do, the AFC East could become a pretty boring division this year.
well, so much for that.....Miami in first place. Only thing predictable is that Buffalo sucks.
I'm smelling a few upsets this week.
I like Chicago's chances against Dallas. A High School squad could get through Dallas' O line this year. Did you see the game last week? I don't think Romo took a 5 step drop the entire game.
I like Seattle to beat Denver. The Hawks are coming off an amazing, big time upset over San Fran and Pete Carroll can motivate better than any coach in the league. Not to mention that Hasselbeck is fully healthy for the first time in forever.
Can my Skins do it twice in a row? Upset Dallas and the Texans? I think this game will be a lot closer than people think. The team who has the ball with 2 minutes left will probably win this one.
I like the Giants over Indy in the "Manning Bowl". Boy, Indy's D looked just plain awful last week. And the Giants have a much better front line.
Oh, and did I mention the Jets?
overall, not a bad job, so far, for a Canadian. ;)
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

3-2
Not bad. I took a shit kickin' in my pick 'em pool this week though. :cry:

I'll post some upset picks in here for week 3. See if I can do any better.

Hey, maybe we could made picks for each game each week and see who comes out on top at season end. Just for the shits and giggles of it.
I bet I could get Chipz in on it.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

sounds good to me, Res.