Fats, Horseracing story and a picture

The New England Patriots suck! Discuss.
callmeslick

Fats, Horseracing story and a picture

Post by callmeslick »

this is a crappy phone shot from the Willowdale Steeplechases today. Took 5 year old granddaughter for first trip to horse races. Anyhoo, I want you to look at the photo, left side of fences. Second in, the rider is off the saddle and en route to the turf. Was out for a good two minutes before she was revived. More fun was the horse to her left. In the photo, taking a pretty ugly stab at the fence, but made it over. Rider's luck ran out on the 5th, when they parted ways. Horse continues at rear of pack, until the top of the stretch. At that point, the horse went around the fencing, jumped a small spring at head of stretch and then bolted into the rather tony crowd in the Members parking area, mainly tailgating and picnicing, complete with sterling services, crystal stemware, fine china and really well stocked bar in back of their vehicles. Right behind the runaway racehorse was an outrider. Racer jumped a large cooler and a folding buffet table far better than he'd handled the post and rail timber jumps. It, at one point, passed no more than 8 feet from grandchild and I.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
fatman

Re: Fats, Horseracing story and a picture

Post by fatman »

Sounds like a fun day what with riderless horses running amok, and did the grand daughter clean up in the betting?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

no trips to the books(there are two of them working, quietly....not being legal for jump meets), but we did pick the one-two order of finish in the feature stake race.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
fatman

Post by fatman »

What in the land of the free one cant make a bet? Get a betting app dude sportsbet sports 365 or something and rock on at will
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

they don't offer odds on hunt meets