My fearless 2016 NFL predictions.

The New England Patriots suck! Discuss.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

My fearless 2016 NFL predictions.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

AFC

East

New England: 11-5 – Weak at wide receiver. No Brady for 4 games. A group of no-name running backs. But “The Hoodie” will figure something out. And ... everyone else in the East sucks.
New York: 9-7 – The window came and went. There’s a reason they only signed Fitzpatrick for one year.
Buffalo: 8-8 – That defense will win them 8 games. But that’s all they’ll win.
Miami: 6-10 – New coach ... new GM ... new system ... fugetaboutit! I almost feel sorry for Tannehill. All that talent ... being wasted.

West

Kansas City: 10 - 6 – A steady “working man’s” team that will make very few mistakes. And good coaching helps.
Denver: 9-7 – One word .... Sanchez.
Oakland: 9-7 – Everyone is talking about the Raiders. I think they’re a year or two away.
San Diego: 5-11 – Weak everywhere. It’s a shame Rivers will never go to a Super Bowl.

North

Pittsburgh: 12-4 – Depth could be an issue, but if they stay healthy they’re Super Bowl contenders.
Baltimore: 10-6 – Great defense. Great coach. They’ll be in the hunt.
Cincinnati: 10 -6 – Lost too many good guys and had a huge brain drain in the coaching staff. And let’s face it, Andy Dalton is cursed.
Cleveland: 0-16 - Worst. Team. Ever.

South

Houston: 11-5 - They went 9-7 last year using more quarterbacks than KFC has chickens. This year they have a quarterback. That's good enough for 2 more wins in a weak division.
Indianapolis: 8 -8 - They had very important holes to fill and they didn’t fill them. But they get Luck back. Good luck with that.
Jacksonville: 8 -8 - Yeah, they had a really, really good draft. But let's not go all stupid here.
Tennessee: 6-10 - Yeah, they had a really good draft. But let's not go all stupid here.

NFC

East

Washington: 10-6 – Yup. I’m a Redskins fan. And, I’m going all-in on Kirk Cousins.
Dallas: 9-7 - I don't believe for one second that Romo will play in 16 games.
New York: 8-8 – Spend ... spend ... spend. Money don’t buy you love, baby.
Philadelphia: 6-10 - Hey, I have a great idea! Let's completely alienate our grossly overpaid, mediocre starting Quarterback!

West

Arizona: 13-3 – Bruce Arians is the best coach in the NFL when it comes to getting every ounce out of every player.
Seattle: 10-6 - Questions at wide receiver and running back. And that O-line looks terrible. Wilson is going to be running for his life. Good thing he can run.
St. Louis: 7-9 – They could have an elite defense. Unfortunately, the rest of the team is a complete mess.
San Francisco: 3-13 – Somewhere, Joe Montana is in a dark corner, curled up in a fetal position, quietly sobbing.

North

Green Bay: 14-2 – Their only weakness is at linebacker. Aaron Rodgers is the best Quarterback in football. And yeah, a cream-puff .457 strength of schedule sure doesn’t hurt.
Minnesota: 11-5 – Which Teddy Bridgewater will we see? Future superstar Teddy ... or flighty prom queen Teddy? I’m betting on future superstar Teddy.
Chicago: 8-8 – Mediocrity, thy name is Chicago.
Detroit: 7-9 – Just too many holes. And yeah, there’s that whole thing with Megatron leaving town.

South

Carolina: 15-1 – They get handed 6 wins just by playing in the NFC South. Can they win 9 of 10 outside of the NFC South? With a .512 strength of schedule ... sure, why not?
Atlanta: 8-8 – A team in flux ... and the hardest schedule in the league.
New Orleans: 7-9 – Brees is just padding his stats at this point.
Tampa Bay: 7-9 – There’s talent here. There’s just too many questions with that coaching staff.

AFC Championship:
Pittsburgh Steelers vs Houston Texans

NFC Championship:
Carolina Panthers vs Green Bay Packers

Super Bowl:
Carolina Panthers vs Pittsburgh Steelers

Super Bowl Winner:
Pittsburgh Steelers
callmeslick

Re: My fearless 2016 NFL predictions.

Post by callmeslick »

overall, your assessments are sound, but my end-game take:

AFC playoff teams--

Pats, Steelers (bye)
Texans, Chiefs divisionals
Indy and Baltimore wildcards

Pats v Baltimore in AFC champ

NFC playoff teams--
Pack, Arizona (bye)
Eagles, Carolina divisionals
Rams, Vikings wildcards

Pack v Arizona in NFC Champ

Supah Bowl--Pats over Packers

surprise team, Rams
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote:surprise team, Rams
You're gonna sober up by the time Chipz and I get there? Right?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

feck no, but I did write that before today's injury report.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
fatman

Post by fatman »

My fearless and trey prediction is that i will school you northerners on how to tip 8-)
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

The season hasn't even started yet and I got Dallas right already! :lol:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

yes, but you are WAY off putting the Skins ahead of the Iggles. The local boys are showing some promise behind a seemingly motivated Sam Bradford.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote:The local boys are showing some promise behind a seemingly motivated Sam Bradford.
It's a shame he's got no one to throw to. The Eagles have one of the worst WR corps in the league!
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

they seemed to be catching just fine against the Colts last night.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Reservoir_Dog wrote:Minnesota: 11-5 – Which Teddy Bridgewater will we see? Future superstar Teddy ... or flighty prom queen Teddy? I’m betting on future superstar Teddy.
I'm looking at Recuperating from Knee Surgery for the next two years Teddy.