there it is

The New England Patriots suck! Discuss.
callmeslick

there it is

Post by callmeslick »

Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
FarSide

Re: there it is

Post by FarSide »

He won't be smiling on Sunday!
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

he'll be laughing, more like it, after the Assholes wipe the stadium with the Steelers.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
FarSide

Post by FarSide »

Ben, Brown and Bell will apply the beatdown!
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

watch. Bless your heart, but I know what I'm looking at, and the Pats are going the distance this year. The defense is good, and whenever that is the case, the Pats win the SB.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:42 pm The defense is good, and whenever that is the case, the Pats win the SB.
Dude, as soon as I read that alarms started going off in my head.
When the Pats lost Super Bowl XLII they had the #4 defense in the league. And they lost to the Giants for crying out loud!
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

that was a fluke, pure and simple. Yes, the offense had an off day(they retooled big time the next year), and the DBs weren't big enough,but losing to the Giants was a fluke. This team is nasty as sin, #1 in points allowed, kept them in games, and has been described by some(recently Phil Simms) as the best defense ever assembled, due to the cross training and schemes being used. I fully expect Patricia to be gone in a month or two. Luckily, we seem to change Defensive Coordinator and still generally put a decent defense on the field. Hmmmmm. Maybe the Hoodie?
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:38 pm but losing to the Giants was a fluke.
Twice?
callmeslick wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:38 pmThis team is nasty as sin, #1 in points allowed, kept them in games, and has been described by some(recently Phil Simms) as the best defense ever assembled, due to the cross training and schemes being used.
Dude. :roll:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

why have several folks(not me) made exactly that same statement in the last month? Maybe because they rendered the Broncos, Ravens, Dolphins and then Houston utterly baffled. Mind you, only one veteran QB between them, but, still, when analysts start complementing the Pats on much of anything other than the prescience to pick Brady or hire Belichek, I pay attention. Watch, son, and learn........ ;)

oh, and they deserved to lose the other Giants game, they had been allowing far too much bad defense and some of us were sort of shocked that the Pats got as far as they did, because they were not so hot at the end of the season. Wasn't that the year they were coming from behind, a lot?